HTTPS Encryption / SSL Option for all Packages - SEO Best Practice

Now that Chrome has been updated to basically shame websites that are not secured, it would be good to have the option to purchase and enable HTTPS/SSL for any paid site since this is a best practice for SEO. I saw in another community post that there are no plans at this time to make this option available for anything below the Business package but I hope that is reconsidered if there is enough user support. Weebly is a great platform and keeps getting better, but it would be unfortunate to have to accept that using Weebly means that you will not be able to adhere to certain SEO best practices.

For reference, here is the post from the Google Webmaster Central Blog back in 2014: HTTPS as a ranking signal

• best practices
  • SEO
  • SSL
Comments

Is there any ETA for SSL on the designer platform?  This is beyond frustrating.

Status changed to: Hurray! We're Done!

I"ve been with Weebly for many years, yet I'm now just discovering their disdain for their users by not making sites encrypted automatically.  Time to look at other options.   

Sorry for the frustration, @BigDawgSoCal. You should be able to enable the SSL now, but please let us know if you are still needing assistance with this. 

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors