HTTPS Encryption / SSL Option for all Packages - SEO Best Practice

Now that Chrome has been updated to basically shame websites that are not secured, it would be good to have the option to purchase and enable HTTPS/SSL for any paid site since this is a best practice for SEO. I saw in another community post that there are no plans at this time to make this option available for anything below the Business package but I hope that is reconsidered if there is enough user support. Weebly is a great platform and keeps getting better, but it would be unfortunate to have to accept that using Weebly means that you will not be able to adhere to certain SEO best practices.

For reference, here is the post from the Google Webmaster Central Blog back in 2014: HTTPS as a ranking signal

• best practices
  • SEO
  • SSL
  • best practices
  • SEO
  • SSL
Comments

Due to the wording Weebly had on SSL.  I puchased the business package in order to "secure my entire site."
However, the forms are not secure even if "your entire site" is enabled.  
Weebly should deliver SECURE FORMS in order for website users to submit sensitive information.

Completely agree here. I personally see no excuse for this.

Most people would not even know how SSLCertificates work . It is important to assess your requirements to see if Free SSL fits needs of your website project. You may want to get a wildcard, or EV-SSL certificate.

This is exactly what I need as well.... actually it's JUST what I need... secure forms for users to enter in credit card info for use for booking travel for them.   They need to offer SSL secure forms and better yet the option to JUST purchase SSL.  I don't need the full business package

I recently purchased an SSL Website with a huge 50% off from a domain and hosting company, but unforunetly Weebly does not support third party SSL certificates to be installed on any plans that they offer.  

Of course they offer a free certificate on the business plan, but I am not interested in this for a number of reasons!

Please help make the internet a safer place!

We are healthcare providers and therefore have strict requirements around privacy of client information.  We would really like to see the option of a secure SSL contact form so that our clients can actually make use of our site to contact us.

HUGE. Add SSL as an option. Many of us don't need a store. Just secure forms. 

Hi there!

Not sure if you've heard of them but MedForward is a web design company specializing in HIPAA compliant forms. They work with thousands of doctors and medical professionals, and have great options for collecting sensitive information.

They can provide you with more information on using MedForward, creating new forms, and tracking submissions.

Hope that helps!

Google will start shaming sites that aren't SSL next year, and then downranking them thereafter. Weebly needs to add SSL as an option to all plans. 

This "issue" is becoming somewhat more serious.  Google point is that all sites should use HTTPS because a browsing user always believes they are connecting to the real site and that no one is watching much less changing what they are doing.  Man-in-the-middle attacks are trivial on unencrypted connections.

In addition, Google has announced that:

• Chrome will soon start displaying a red X on non-HTTPS URLs
  • Google lowers the search ranking of non-HTTPS protected sites relative to other search results

Please put a facility to protect Weebly site with simple domain validation certificates like those from the let's encrypt project.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors