x

Is there a way to change an uncategorized item to a category after the sale transaction?

After a completed sale is there a way to correct the uncategorized sale into the correct category?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 39
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@covermeyer - While I definitely understand how this would be a useful feature, we don't currently support the ability to edit any details related to a sale after it is completed. I'll be sure to pass along your feature request to our product liaison team! 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Square

Best Answer

@covermeyer - While I definitely understand how this would be a useful feature, we don't currently support the ability to edit any details related to a sale after it is completed. I'll be sure to pass along your feature request to our product liaison team! 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 39

May I add my desire for you to add this feature? It would be very useful. There are times when making a sale I don't have the time to create a new category so it gets 'Uncategorized'. There are now several related 'Uncategorized' I'd like to create and move into this new one.

Message 3 of 39

I too would like this feature. When sales associates forget to cick the category or item, it now makes reports almost useless if I can't correct it. No one is asking to change amounts or payment information.

Message 4 of 39
Square Community Moderator

@AspenOUT I can see how this feature request would come in handy if that's a common issue you run into with reporting. 

Nothing new on this at this time, but if anything changes we'll be sure to update everyone!

Message 5 of 39

This feature would help so much with our store.  It would make reporting so much easier and take the stress away from store clerks that make a mistake.  

Message 6 of 39

Has there been any progress on the changing of categories after a sale has been completed?

Message 7 of 39
Square

Not at this time, @SpiritMedium. This isn't currently a feature we're developing but we'll update you here if that changes in the future. Thanks for posting!

Message 8 of 39

This feature is really needed.  We use this for PTA and during a very busy Membershihp Drive, with several people taking payments, it's sometimes easier to just enter the amount and go from there.  Being able to update the category after the fact would be greatly appreciated!

Message 9 of 39

It has been years now that people have been requesting this feature, and as several people have mentioned, it literally is costing merchants money to have to do forensic accounting to resolve mistaken category listings. Because of user error we have a majority of our sales in uncategorized, and we desperately need to be able to recategorize them.  Can we at least get an answer from Square as to why this is a difficult thing to implement on their end? The idea that we should refund and reprocess our payments to be able to recategorize them is absurd.

It feels like just general laziness on the part of Square, that it isn't a feature that people are asking for? It should be a feature by default.

Message 10 of 39
Beta Member

Yes, this would definitely be a beneficial feature. I'm sad to say I have little hope of this actually transpiring, as this feed is several years old now and I still don't think we can do this. What is up with Square?? 

Message 11 of 39
Square Community Moderator

The Community Team is working hard on improving Feature Request visibility @kkanda. Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 39
Beta Member

I desperately need to be able to edit sales details. If an employee checks out a product or customer under the wrong name there’s no way to edit that

Message 13 of 39

Adding our voice to the thread to PLEASE add this feature. We have young volunteers working our sporting events and sometimes they forget the instruction to always use the categories we have set up. After each event I can often deduce the correct categories by salesperson and purchase price and would LOVE to update the transactions in order to keep clean books. Thanks.

Message 14 of 39
Square

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, @drg42. I'll be sure to forward along to our product liaison team! Hope you're enjoying your weekend. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 15 of 39

Great, thanks!

Message 16 of 39
Beta Member

YES! Us too with everything everyone has said. I can't keep clean books without being able to change the item (not the price)! It would be SO HELPFUL! 

Message 17 of 39

YES, the option to update uncategorized would be extremely useful.  Or at least to be able to set note/reminder of what the sale was for. Thanks!!

Message 18 of 39
Alumni

@nishasupahan and @localshops1 - thanks for posting here, we'll make sure our product team knows how useful this would be! We'll update here when we have more to share. 👍

Message 19 of 39

Hi,

it would be so helpful if we could change the category of an item after the sale.....

thank you!!!!!!

Message 20 of 39

I too need this feature!!

Dauna

Message 21 of 39