x

$1000 in free processing isn't working!! Why?

I had a friend sign up for square and use my code for free processing for 180 days or $1000 without fees. Why is it not working? I had an email saying it worked yet I'm still being charged?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Message 2 of 8
Alumni

Hi @Preece - welcome to Square and to the community!

@VanKalkerFarms gave you a great link to view your Free Processing from your Dashboard.

Another note on this promotion, when you have free processing enabled, we will take the fee on each transaction like we usually do. Then, when we send your deposit to your bank, we reimburse the fees. If you take a look at your Deposit Report, you will see that the fees have been added back to your deposit! 

Message 3 of 8

I had tried to sign up using someone’s code for free processing, but for some reason it didn’t take! I noticed this after I sent out invoices. Is there a way to get that put the free processing my square account and get refunded whe processing fees?

Message 4 of 8
Super Seller

check to make sure your account isn't showing the referral balance.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/account/referrals

If it doesn't you can call support and they can help you. https://squareup.com/help/contact.  In the end, it is only $27.50 worth of fees they are waving so it isn't that big of a deal to take hours of your time trying to get it working.

Message 5 of 8

I clicked on my friend’s link and it’s not mentionned anywhere on my dashboard that I get the referral? 

Message 6 of 8

@Russell I’ve clicked on my friend’s link and it’s not mentionned anywhere in my dashboard that I have access to the referral....

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Hey there, @Weyhoomarketing - I'm so sorry I didn't spot this sooner! 

I was able to take a look and see that you got in touch with us by email. Please don't hesistate to reach out here on the Seller Community or by email if you have any other questions. Thanks! 

Message 8 of 8