x

Square Appointments

Hi!

We have used Square since December of 2016. We absolutely love it! We have had a few problems but they are alwasy resolved quickly!

We are looking at possibly starting Square Appointments. We have used a different scheduling program for 2 years and are tired of the price. We are a serviced based company. We have a set amount of clients that come in one day. We loved being able to send out text reminders with our old scheduling program. I know Square Appointments boasts of being able to send reminders on a customizable schedule. But I would like to know if the reminders are sent from a mobile number? Currently, we send reminders through our gmail account and would prefer to continue that. 

Also, we schedule out appointments for clients a year at a time and with our scheduling program, we can provide a copy of all the appointments with very little effort. Is there a way to book out a year at a time and easily access a copy of the appointments using Square Appointments? 

Is there a way the online portion of Square Appointments can be turned off? We have a lot of elderly clients and would not used this. 

Also, I know that when an appointment is complete, you can tap "check out" and the point of sale app will open. Does the point of sales app keep track of credit cards only? Our customers pay in check and cash as well as credit cards.

Thanks!

CMT

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Hello @rondasquare2016! I'm glad that you've been loving Square Point of Sale. ❤️

So, Square Appointments has two notification options! You can either use SMS messaging or email. The SMS notifications are sent through an automated system to your customers phone. 

You can book an appointment a year out. I was actually playing around and it let me book an Appointment in 2029. I would have kept going, but I got tired of clicking. 

Also, you can easily pull up clients future appointments while looking at their profile. When you say copy are you looking to print the appointment? 

If you don't want to use Online Booking you don't have to setup this option and to answer your last question you can use Square Point of Sale to track cash and check payments. Just select the Cash or Other Tender option at check out. 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 🙂

Message 2 of 2