x

Items not pulling up when creating an Invoice

I am a service company and want to save items for invoicing (standard services)... but cannot find out how to save them so that I can select them when invoicing clients.  I have created items, but they are not visible while invoicing.  What am I doing/not doing?

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Try this.  In your Dashboard and select "Items" and look at the location column.  If it says "No Location" next to all your items then this is the issue.  Make sure they list your location or if you have more then on Location the it will be listed as for example "2 locations".

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Try this.  In your Dashboard and select "Items" and look at the location column.  If it says "No Location" next to all your items then this is the issue.  Make sure they list your location or if you have more then on Location the it will be listed as for example "2 locations".

Message 2 of 14

Hi there,  I am having this exact problem only the location is selected and it still isn't showing in my invoice options for items - however it is showing in my online store - any suggestions?  Thank you!

Message 3 of 14
Super Seller Alumni

What browser are you using?  Try Chrome.

Message 4 of 14

I have tried it in Chrome and still not working 😞  I have been sending invoices all morning for different items just fine but for some reason this one just isn't showing up .... It is fine online in the "store" but won't appear for me to use in an invoice.  Any other thoughts?  Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 14
Alumni

Hey @Chamber - Sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues. Have you double checked that you are signed into the same location as the one the item is assigned to? If you're signed into "Location 1" and you only have the item available for "Location 2", you won't see it when you create your Invoice. You can see the location name in the top left of your Dashboard between the Square logo and the "Sign Out" option.

If you're still having trouble, reach out to our Support team directly and they can walk you through any further troubleshooting steps.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 14

Hi there,

Yes, I made sure of that.  I chatted with support for some time today and found out that if it is set up as an 'event' in the storefront it can't be added to an invoice on the backend.  I asked for it to be added as an idea for future because pulling reports for items sold now means to pull two reports as opposed to one and it unfortunately means more work for having correct 'inventory' and more work overall for the user.  I will do a work around but in general it is a slight disappointment.  Hopefully it can be looked at to be added in for future updates.  Thank you!

Message 7 of 14
Alumni

Ahh, gotcha. Glad you were able to gain some clarity there, but definitely a bummer you're not able to do what you're looking for. Hopefully this can be something that's implemented in the future. Thanks for sharing your insight with the rest of the Community!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 8 of 14

Just had the same issue. Locations were on. Then I realized it was only pulling from a certain quantity of items. I deleted some items and went back into invoices and the items I was looking for showed up.  It only shows the first 20 items, listed alphabetically.

Message 9 of 14

Hello @MNPinnacle

@RHatch nailed this one right on the head. Make sure that all of your items are assigned a location, so they populate when you search for them on the Invoice screen. 

Let us know if it's still giving you trouble! 😀

Message 10 of 14

It worked, Thank you!  

Square should put that as a "required" field, or at least some text in there saying "if you don't select a location, the item will not be seen".

Message 11 of 14

@MNPinnacle I can definitely see how that would be helpful. I'll make sure to pass the feedback along to our Product Team! 😀

Message 12 of 14

items do not show up in my item list of my invoices!!

Message 13 of 14
Alumni

Hmm, Can you send a screenshot? What browser are you using? @mimistreats

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 14