x

Is Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 compatible with Square?

Is Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 compatible with Square? It says it is, but then I found this... "Version GT-N8013 of this device isn’t compatible with the Square contactless and chip card reader because it doesn’t update to version 4.4, which is required for use with the reader."  Help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

I'm sorry for the confusion @CanticleFarm, I hope I can help clarify!

According to our compatibility website the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (wifi) is no longer compatible with the Contactless and Chip Card reader. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition (wifi) is compatible with the Contactless and Chip Card reader. (Post updated November 2019.)

Can you let me know where you read that this device can't be updated anymore? If that's the case we can update our comatibility page. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

I have a Samsung Galaxy s10 note. I bought an attachment for the square card reader. It still does not work. I am scared to buy  contactless reader if it isn't compatible with the s10 note. Please let me know what I should do because I'm getting charged then extra fees for charging the card manually. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@Mdaughtery According to the Device Compatibility website the Samsung Galaxy S10 is compatible with both the Square magstripe reader and the Contactless and Chip Card reader. 

I've upated the post above for compatibility details if you have the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4