x

Can I use the magstripe reader with the Contactless Reader simultaneously ?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: from magnet card reader to chip card reader

I would like to know, if I can use next to my magnet card reader for my Androind also the chip card reader, so I have both available for my sales. I am mostly on shows and depending on my phone to charge my customers.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hi Merdedes,  Yes, infact when you purchase the Contactless Chip reader you will receive a magnetic swip reader.   The Contactless Chip reader connects via Bluetooth.  Depending on your device Oterbox makes a case that holds the reader.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hi Merdedes,  Yes, infact when you purchase the Contactless Chip reader you will receive a magnetic swip reader.   The Contactless Chip reader connects via Bluetooth.  Depending on your device Oterbox makes a case that holds the reader.

Message 2 of 7

My phone has nowhere to plug in the magnetic reader 

Message 3 of 7

Can I also plug the chip reader into my phone? I have an Android Galaxy Note 5 and the swipe card reader is working well with my phone. Do I need a new phone to use the chip reader?

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

The Chip Reader does not plug into your phone is connects via Bluetooth.  According to the compatablility page it should work with your phone.  

Message 5 of 7

But it says I can use my Android phone to plug in the chip reader like the swipe card reader and this costs $ 29.

So, which one is correct?

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

You are looking at this item.  https://squareup.com/shop/hardware/us/en/products/chip-credit-card-reader  This is a swip and chip reader in one.  The only issue with this reader is that you must charge it for the chip part to work.  The battery does not last long expecialy if you leave it pluged into your phone.  

I would reccommend this one.https://squareup.com/shop/hardware/us/en/products/chip-credit-card-reader-with-nfc  Still must be charged but lasts much longer, and uses bluetooth so you can leave your other reader pluged in.

Either one will work. 

Message 7 of 7