x

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way 2 take partial payments 4 an invoice?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Little late with an update here, but wanted to make sure y'all know this is possible with Square Progress Invoices!

You can schedule multiple payments on a Square Invoice by following these steps 

Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Hi there, @LiaJmt - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this feature! Good to hear from you. Same to you, @BIONICONE - welcome! 

You may be looking specifically for our newly introduced Deposit Feature for Invoices. This will also allow you to create a single invoice to track multiple payments and reduce the amount of time you have to spend reconciling multiple payments (deposit, follow-up payments) to a single transaction or sale.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for! 

336 Comments

This will help so much. That way I don't have to send 3 different invoices. I take 50% deposits and remaining balance, but sometimes a customer wants to pay in full, so I make 3 invoices send them 2 and schedule the last one for later. Sometimes I forget to cancel the scheduled one if they pay in full so it would really help me.

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How can I accept partial payment or split tender with Invoices?"

We NEED  to be able to accept partial payments on an invoice!  (without the tedious ridiculous current suggestion to create multiple invoices!!)

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE ASAP - BEFORE WE'RE FORCED TO RETURN TO PAYPAL OR SOME OTHER PAYMENT PROCESSING SITE!  

Also please add a way to send invoice reminders or statements to customers in a batch, eliminating the current way of clicking on each invoice and doing them separately!   

Hello @drh447office! I moved your comment to this thread since it sounds like partial payments on invoices is your make or break item. Currently our Product Team is developing this feature request. I recommend taking a look at rohini's comments on the first page! 

You have a chance to talk with one of our Product Managers about invoices and possibly test out an alpha and beta release of this feature! 🙂

We run a motorcycle service and sales shop, we take down payments on parts and service. Right now we are doing 2 seperate invoices which makes it a nightmare for bookeeping. Is there a timeline on the release or is there a way to request a beta version when it is released? We NEED this.

Thanks

Square Community Moderator

Hi @drh447office

Check out the information on the first page from @rohini

While there's nothing new as of today, our Product Team is currently working on this. 

It would be helpful if you could divide invoice payments by either a percentage (say, 50% downpayment) or if you can apply fixed amount divided by 2 or 3 payments. So perhaps its similar to how discounts are applied in that you select whether its a percentage amount or a fixed amount. 

Hi @ccspowersports

Check out the information on the first page from @rohini

While there's nothing new as of today, our Product Team is currently working on this. 

How long before you add in the feature of taking partial payments on invoices. This is such a basic and necessary process for businesses, that I am having trouble understanding why this is not included yet. Please make this a priority, or we will have to find a new company to go with for our credit card transactions, as there are many new ones out there now.

Hi @woodworkersbake

I've moved your post over to this existing thread. 

Check out the update from @rohini for more information on this. 

Iʻm a butcher, and I need a way to charge my customers an estimated 50% upfront when they place a custom order, and then subtract that from the remainder when I actually weigh the meat, get a more accurate price, and ring up their order at pick-up.