x

Can I send invoices thru Text Message?

I see that we can send invoices via email, but is there a way to send them via text messgae?

Message 1 of 105
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Can you enter a phone number instead of an e-mail on Square Invoices?

Hey! 👋 I've got an update on this feature. 

Take a look at this Community post for more information about sending an invoice without entering a customer email address. 

Verified Answer

Re: Can I send invoices thru Text Message?

I've got you @jj22 🙂

@JVHovey - here's a visual of what @jj22 is talking about. You can select Share Invoice Manually and it will give you the option to Share once the invoice is created.

Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 3.01.37 PM.png

If you missed that step, you can Share the link after an invoice is sent. Simply locate the invoice, click, and select Share. Depending on where you are sharing from and whether the invoice has been paid, you may need to select MoreShare.

This post was edited in December 2020 by a moderator to include an updated screenshot and steps.

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey! 👋 I've got an update on this feature. 

Take a look at this Community post for more information about sending an invoice without entering a customer email address. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 29 of 105
104 REPLIES 104

Hello,

I'm a prefessional graphic designer and I give quotes to prospective clients on a regular basis. As part of my quotes, I ask these prospect clients to pay %50 of my services before I begin their work. I have sent invoices from Square before, they work beautifuly, but now I want to send a link of my invoce IN MY EMAIL to my clients. That way if they chose to pay the %50 fee right away, a link is there, ready for them to click on, and pay.

Right now, when I send a quote, I have to send an email with my quote, ask them if they want the convenience of paying online, and then send an invoice from square. Clients sometimes get a bit confused about the two emails.

Thank you,

Belle

Message 2 of 105
Alumni

Hi @belle, great question! Glad you find Invoices so useful as you work with prospective clients. 

Yes, you send a link to an invoice in an email. (Though you can't keep from sending the initial email once you create an invoice.) Go to the Invoices section of your Dashboard, click on the invoice in question, and then the More tab in the upper right-hand corner. When you click Share, you'll see a link to the invoice that you can include in your email.

I definitely understand the hassle of having clients deal with an additional message. Hopefully this way, with the invoice link, they can just respond to one. This article has more info on Square Invoices: http://squ.re/1GqD1AB.

Message 3 of 105

I have a customer who takes my invoice with them and then calls later to pay with credit card over phone. Is there a way that I can send a link so they can pay direct thru Square? I really don't want to create another invoice with Square I want to use my own.... any suggestions?

Message 4 of 105
Alumni

The best way to get someone to pay directly through Square is by sending and invoice. And you can certainly send a link to the invoice. The information above shows how to retrieve the link.

Message 5 of 105

Can I send out an invoice link, so I can attach to my contracts?
Message 6 of 105
Square

Hi @tamtang — It looks like another seller had a similar question, and received an answer. Check out this thread for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 7 of 105
Square

Great news everyone! Based on feedback we heard from you, as well as other sellers, we just recently introduced this functionality! When creating a new invoice, this is how this feature will work: 

Please let me know what you think! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 105

I don't have that option to send the invoice manually in my dashboard.  Can Square fix that for me, please?

Message 9 of 105

I have followed the instructions above, but I would like to create a link without a specified person I am requesting payment from.  How do I do that?

Message 10 of 105

Hello @tjuddLPM

Currently, your invoice will need to be addressed to a person or business. We do not offer the ability to leave this section blank. 

Message 11 of 105

Can this be done on the mobile app or only via computer? I would like to copy and paste the link to the invoice in a text or messenger. 

Message 12 of 105
Alumni

Hey @becksolson - You can create an Invoice both within the app and online through your Square Dashboard. Please note a email address will be required for the Invoice to be created. Once created, a URL link for the Invoice will be available for you to share via text or messenger.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 13 of 105

Love the link option!  Question! Can I send the link to MULTIPLE to people to pay?  Example: Let's say I am charging for an event and want to send a link to pay to 50+ people.  Is that possible? Or once it has been paid by one will it close the link?

Message 14 of 105
Alumni

Hi @WCBC - Only one person will be able to pay if you send the link to multiple people. You can duplicate invoices which might save you some time. Find instructions here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Professional-Services-Group/Can-you-send-the-same-invoice-to-mult...

Message 15 of 105

How do I send an invoice from my droid phone?

Message 16 of 105
Square

Sending an invoice from your mobile device is very similar to accepting a in person card payment, so you shouldn't have too much trouble. To create an invoice from the app:

- Add items from your item library or enter a custom amount using the keypad. 
- Tap Charge > Invoice.
- Enter the invoice details
- Tap Send Invoice.

If you’re using and iOS device, an invoice can be sent to one recipient at a time. On Android devices, an invoice can be sent to multiple recipients. When you send an invoice, your customer will receive an email and can pay the balance with a credit or debit card.

If you need more information, we've got a great Support Center article that can walk you through this process. 👍🏻

Sean
he/him/his
Message 17 of 105

The option to create an invoice shows but it is gray instead of black and bold, and there is no arrow. So when I click it nothing happens. I have entered the customer in my database and have the latest version app.
Message 18 of 105

I figured it out, it's been a while since I've used Square as I use a different online option. I neglected to put the amount in first! Duh!
Message 19 of 105
Square

@tontobird - Glad to hear! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 20 of 105

customer is trying to pay for an invoice via link, where is the link that allows credit card payment

Please help

Message 21 of 105