x

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Just got and android device, wondering if square appointment app is compatible with it? Not seeing app I'm store.

Thank you in advance.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Hi everyone - I have some exciting news to share. We are now recruiting sellers for an early access Android app

Read more at Devon's post linked above.

159 Comments

@twmbham thank you for the suggestion!  It looks like that may be exactly what I'm looking for!  While I wasn't looking forward to starting all over again entering every single service again, staff etc.. I think what you suggested is going to work for me!   $10 more than I was paying but it offers WAY more than what I have now that I actually like!  Thanks so much!!! 

Thank you for the Full Slate referral....I signed up for the FREE 2 mo trial!!!! It looks like it may actually be better than Square AND they also offer credit card processing service

I've been with square for appointments and for credit card processing for several years and they just won't come out with a more user-friendly way of using the system such as an Android app! So if after the two months it works good for me I'm going to switch over! Square really doesn't seem to care if they lose Android users or not and I'm running a business and need something that's convenient for me it's such a drag to keep having to log in to book appointments through the site when every other service out there offers an app!!!!

Alumni

Hey there everyone, this is Devon again from the Appointments Product team.

I just wanted to let you know that we've heard you loud and clear, and we are planning to ramp up a team to begin building an Android App. That's about all the information that I can provide, since getting a team up and running, and build a new app-- both of these things will take some time, and we're not sure when we'll be ready to launch.

That said, the folks in this thread will be the first we reach out to when the App is ready to Beta test. Thank you again for your feedback, your continued patience, and for being a Square seller!

That is great!!! Hopefully it will not be too much longer. 

Considering they reworded the original answer from over a year ago.. I would not get too excited over their recent response.  Square is a big company I find it hard to believe it would take this long already to "put a team together" to work on something for Android.  

Where can I find the process for checking out an appointment on android? Do I add all of my services to the items list and have to add them to process a transaction? Thank you

Yes, from everything I've seen the only way Appointments can process a sale is when you require prepayment at the time of booking. (Or if you hold their card info and wind up charging them a cancellation fee.)

Otherwise, you'll need to create your services as items and use Square POS / Register or Dashboard to check them out and process payment.

I have been using square point of sale & marketing and I am very pleased with this software so I'm considering moving into square appointments. I understand that Android users connot currently download the square appointments App. 

My question is; If I switched to square appointments how would one of my cleints with an android phone book one of my services?  

@thevspotstudio  your clients can book online from a link on your web page and facebook or whatever from an Android phone no problem.  The issue is there is no app for making, controlling and confirming appointments for the owner of the business.  They only have it for the "i" people.  😕