x

How do I change the numerical order of my items?

At my museum we have a 15 maps for sale and many don't have precise names and also many of them are very similar so we find it easiest to assign them numbers. The problem is when I list them in Square our 15 maps aren't listed 1,2,3,4...13,14,15 they are listed 1,10,11,12,13,14,15,2,3,4, etc. Is there a way to change this? Or do I have to switch from a numerical ordering system for my inventory to a alphabetical one?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

@SHMuseum, I own a vitamin store and have a similar frustration. 

The inventory sorting can be frustrating when the numbers are sorted in this manner.

Exporting the inventory to excel always makes the shelf and sheet different & I feel like I am a crazy person because they're in a different order in the system.

Because of the number order: Vitamin D 1,000 IU, then 10,000 IU, next 5,000 IU and last 50,000 IU. 

I'm just replying to let you know you're not alone. I hope they can figure this out. 

Message 2 of 4
Alumni

Hi @SHMuseum and @Stellar732, thanks for taking the time to detail your needs here, I see how this could be really frustrating. I've relayed your message internally, and we'll let you know if/when we have updates to share. 

Message 3 of 4

I'm glad to see I am not the only one havign this issue and that it is not just a problem with my system and that it has something to do with Square's code. Hopefully you can resolve this issue soon. From knowing a basic amount of coding myself I can't imagine this would be a terribly difficult thing to resolve.

Message 4 of 4