x

Customize Appointment Booking Widget

Customize Appointment Booking Widget

Hello, 

Is it possible to customize the appointment booking widget with drop-down menus for services offered?

For example, we have the same service "Service A" listed multiple times with the varible being the amount of time to be booked.  

Serivce A:

• 1 Hour
  • 2 Hour
  • 3 Hour

I'd like to have a menu or header that says "Service A" with a drop down menu with the hours to choose from.  Right now it lists all these services out in a single line and it looks bad, plus it's a lot to scroll through when each of our services offered has these same multiple options for each.

Thanks!

1 Verified Answer
EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Customize Appointment Booking Widget

Hi @xivproductions

A drop down box would be pretty clean looking, and would help a lot of sellers since there isn't a way to create modifiers or categories for services at this time. 

What type of business were you using Square Appointments for? I can pass along your business need and provide these details to advocate for this feature to be kept in mind for future product updates. 

10 Comments

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Appointment Page/Widget Customization

Greetings,

I am looking to customize the buttons and layouts of my appointment page. Is there anyway to do this? For instance, when I embed the widget, I would prefer just the services be listed and they don't scroll within the page. If not, is there a way to customize the booking page into a grid format with buttons that are on brand with my business? 

I hope to hear from you soon, thanks in advance

Alumni

Hey @bloomingbebe - Sorry for the delay in response here.

At this time, there isn't a way to edit or customize the layout of embedded widgets. I do see how this could be useful though so I will pass it on to our Product team.

We appreciate your feedback!

Square Community Moderator

Hi @xivproductions

A drop down box would be pretty clean looking, and would help a lot of sellers since there isn't a way to create modifiers or categories for services at this time. 

What type of business were you using Square Appointments for? I can pass along your business need and provide these details to advocate for this feature to be kept in mind for future product updates. 

EJ_, 

Production Studio

Clients can book a certain amounts of time for a meeting or session

Thanks

Any update on these customizations being added? It's been requested many times for the past 2 years.. all with the same scripted response.

Square Community Moderator

Hi @mobilebrett

Thanks for checking in on this feature and expressing your interest. 

Nothing new to report as of right now, but I'll resurface this with the right teams and advocate to get this prioritized as the interest around this grows. 

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Customize Scheduling Page?" The author has been notified via email.

Is there a way to customize the look of the scheduling page? I offer hair services and would like to have a more appealing scheduling page. 

I would like to add a bump to this thread as I am still waiting for these types of appointment improvements. 

Appointment Categories, Modifiers, additional widget configurations- YES, PLEASE. 

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Needed: Services Categories/Modifiers/Widget Customizations

A Carpet Cleaner here.  Imagine my dilemma:

My customers may want 1 room cleaned or up to 18 rooms or more cleaned. They may want a sofa, recliner and dining chairs cleaned. They may want an area rug picked up for cleaning or they may want just a “Free Estimate”. 

All of these possible combinations require 100’s of different TIME DURATIONS to book on my schedule. This means 100’s of Services to accommodate all the possibilities. An impossible task for a customer to sift through when booking online.

So what have I done to get around this?  I got it down to about 40 Services that are all coded combinations (for my end) with different Time Durations and created 40 pages on my website to contain each a widget that houses only one pre-selected Service. The customer gets to that particular website page after being asked a series of questions about their appointment desires so the Square widget is ready for them.

40 Services is still high and I wouldn’t need that many if it weren’t for the BLOCK TIME on Services being too short at 60 minutes. I don’t want an appointment Service to show too long of a time when someone schedules only 1 item for cleaning but I need more wiggle room. My previous booking software also allowed block time *before* Services as well. 

I chose Square for the Checkout. It is the best iPad register I’ve found. The layout is great (phone is horrible, no organizing services). Using Square Appointments brings me the convenience of customers being entered once and all in one place but Appointments for me has been so limiting. 

I am tired. I am beat down now after fighting through this.

I plead with Square at this time to add the following:

1. Appointment Categories

2. Service Modifiers

3. Editable questions/fields in Appointments (even just this would help a lot)

4. When a widget is customized for only one service, that service should be immediately open at the ready with the calendar. Not sitting there in a big open box by itself needing to be selected. 

Please and Thank You. 

Admin

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback @ACarpetCleaner. I'm really sorry that this has cost you valuable time and energy to work around. Thanks for sharing these tips though, they're really helpful!

I've added your post to the existing Feature Request thread for widget customization. We have separate Feature Request threads for Appointment categories and for service modifiers. too If you click Subscribe in the top right of a thread you'll receive updates from each one. Thanks for your continued patience, we do appreciate you bearing with us while we add more features!