x

"No reception"

Hi members,

I recently signed up for square, and I had an event where I was selling stuff, but my msquare didn't work. It told me "there were not reception". The event was outside.  All other members had reception, but I didn't.   What do u think might be the problem?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Phone reception varies, cellular carrier reception varies.  The app is just using the connection of your phone so if it doesn't connect to the internet it can't work.  2 people could stand side by side with different phones and/or carriers and have no signal and a good signal.

Message 2 of 8

OK, thank u, but my friend was selling with me and we both had verizon, hers worked, mine didn't

You saying it has to be connected to wifi? Is it nessesary? Also, event was on the steet, so, what if there's no wifi avalable?

Message 3 of 8

Also, I could on any websites, so, seemed like I had internet connection, but square didn't work.

Message 4 of 8
Super Seller

does not have to be on wifi, We use Square on cellular connection for all our business.  I don't know what was happening with the app at the time but it could be the signal wasn't strong or was dropping in and out of LTE and was causing issues.  sometimes restarting the app or even the phone can fix that issue so that is what I would recommend if it is a problem again.  Force close the app and relaunch it and if that doesn't fix it turn your phone off then turn it back on.

Message 5 of 8

thank u.  what do u mean by turning the app on and off? like dowloading it again?

Message 6 of 8

Also, the thing is when I got home it was working, without turning on and off.

So, what was the problem nand how can I contact square support?

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Hi @Elnara - It's a bit different instructions for each type of phone in order to force quit an app. You could try googling your phone type and "force quit apps" to get instructions to do this. Taking this action might get everything up and running if you run into this problem in the future. Feel free to reach out to our CS team by going to www.squareup.com/help click "Other" then "I don't see my issue".

Message 8 of 8