x

How to collect my tips from square?

I opened my own mini salon and im using square for payments for my services. I was noticing the tips where not included in the deposit. I was wondering how i was going to receive the tips i have aquired through my services? I have no employees it is just me.

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@farens_spot When you enable tipping in the Square app your clients will be able to add a tip when you accept a payment from them. 

Keep in mind tips aren't sent to your bank account separately. Tips are included in your deposit minus Square's processing fees, which are based on the total amount of each transaction including tax and tip.

You can view your credit card tips from your Square Dashboard:

1. Sign in and navigate to the Transactions tab.
  2. Use the date selector in the upper left to choose a date range. 
  3. Click Export in the upper right and download a CSV file to your computer. This report shows a full breakdown of each transaction, including a separate column for Tips. 

If you hve any questions about this please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Admin

Best Answer

@farens_spot When you enable tipping in the Square app your clients will be able to add a tip when you accept a payment from them. 

Keep in mind tips aren't sent to your bank account separately. Tips are included in your deposit minus Square's processing fees, which are based on the total amount of each transaction including tax and tip.

You can view your credit card tips from your Square Dashboard:

1. Sign in and navigate to the Transactions tab.
  2. Use the date selector in the upper left to choose a date range. 
  3. Click Export in the upper right and download a CSV file to your computer. This report shows a full breakdown of each transaction, including a separate column for Tips. 

If you hve any questions about this please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 16

Why is it that my customers are tipping on their cards but the tip amount is not being deposited 

Message 3 of 16

i am have the same exact issue square does not add the tips in my deposit 

Message 4 of 16
Admin

@SkinEssence I've moved your post to this thread where I answered a similar question. The Seller Community is a public forum so I can't answer specific questions about your deposit, but our CS team can help if you'd like to call during the week.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 16

I can see the full breakdown for transition but I dont see the Employee ID logged in at the time of the transaction.

how do I add that to the Transaction report?

Message 6 of 16
Admin

@chillax In the Transactions CSV there is a column called Staff Name, one called Staff ID and one for Tips too.

You should see all of these columns if you scroll to the right of the CSV (it's a big report!). To make sure we're looking at the same thing:

1. Fom your online square Dashboard click Transactions.
  2. Edit the date range > click Export in the upper right.
  3. Select Transactions CSV

Hope this helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 16

I can see what was deposited from square, but it does not include the tips, when will that be added?

Message 8 of 16
Alumni

Tips are included in Transfers since they were collected in a card payment. Do customers tip on the POS screen or on a traditional receipt? If the latter, did you settle the transaction by entering the tip amount?

Reach out to CS so they can help make sense of your Transfer Reports and locate tips. @603Candy

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 16

They use the POS, no paper receipts. 

Message 10 of 16
Alumni

Okay, then they are automatically grouped in with the payment total and deposited next biz day along with sales. There's a separate line in Transfer Reports that list tip totals.  If you're not seeing them, CS can take a deeper look. 

@603Candy 

Justin
Message 11 of 16

I'll double check but I didn't see it yet.

Message 12 of 16
Beta Member

After looking at my account, it appears my taxes and tips aren't automatically being deposited nightly with the money collected? What gives?

Message 13 of 16
Admin

Hey @zencoffeeco- Check out this thread where other sellers had the same question.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 14 of 16

Having the same issue. Recieved a $200 tip which was noticable and not part of my balance that i made. Went back to all my transactions and almost missing $400 in tips from the past 3 weeks.

Message 15 of 16
Alumni

@Mezclafoodz Sounds like the tips weren't settled properly. Have you reached out to our CS Team already, especially since this has been going on for 3 weeks? 

Justin
Message 16 of 16