x

How do I change the email address tied to my Square account?

Hello. How do I change my email address? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 60
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @metalfab10, thanks for getting in touch.

You can change the email address currently associated with your Square account by logging in to your Account & Settings, and then following these steps:

1. Click the "Change" button next to the field where your current email address appears.
  2. Enter your new email address twice on the confirmation pop up. 
  3. Check the inbox of your old email for a notification from Square.
  4. Open the message and locate the code.
  5. Enter the code in your Dashboard and confirm the action.

If you're not able to receive the verification email at your original email address, please contact our support team — we'll get it sorted out ASAP. Find more information and step-by-steps in our Support Center article:

Edit Your Account and Business Settings 

That should do it! If you run into any trouble, please feel free to let us know! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Thank you for your fast replay. However, mine is a different issue--I cannot get to my old email account to verify the new one. The old email is CLOSED.

Message 22 of 60

The support center is useless!! The customer code I was isued would NOT work. I just keep getting rerouted back to email, which doesn't work or community forum.

Message 23 of 60
Square

@deborahahall - Happy to follow up, and apologies for the trouble! As Tom mentioned above, if you're not able to receive the verification email at your original email address, we'll have to work with you directly to update this. Since you're having an issue getting your customer code, I went ahead and emailed you those details. We look forward to chatting with you to help update this email address. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 24 of 60

I am having the same issue. I was unaware that the original e-mail registered to the account is inactive, therefore I am unable to receive any notifications to change the e-mail.

Thank you!

Message 25 of 60
Square

@HawaiiNSSLHA - It's kind of a catch 22, I totally understand. It really is an important security measure that prevents unauthorized access to your account. If you can reach out directly, we're happy to work with you one-on-one to manually update this information. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 26 of 60

Sean, please please please send me those same instructions.. my new email is shea.2a.tn6@gmail.com

thank you!!

Sheryl

Message 27 of 60

Hey @sheatn, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. @Tom has a great solution above.

You will need to reach out to our Support Team directly. Please make sure to provide both email addresses so our team can provide you with your customer code. 

Message 28 of 60

Hi,

you say "You will need to reach out to our Support Team directly. " but when you click on "Support Team" you will go to the first step again and you can't talk to anybody.

Message 29 of 60
Admin

Hey @microsaeid, sorry for the confusion. Are you looking for the option to call in? If you don't see an answer to your question on our contact form, click Other > Other > Call Support. Hope that helps clear things up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 30 of 60

What if I have a Change number and the number link to my account I no longer have how do I get into my account? I have to change bank information because they account I have is closed and they sent money to a close account how do I get my money ?

Message 31 of 60
Square

Hi @Kazarrian — It looks like another seller had a similar question, and received an answer. Check out the reply from Tom in this thread to get more details about updating your email address. As for funds being sent to a close bank acount, you can find more details in this Support Center article.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 32 of 60

I'm having trouble putting my new email.  I would like all my square email sent to [personal information redacted]. I have not received any information from yall since I changed my email last week.  

Message 33 of 60

I am impressed that you were able to change your password, I have been unsuccessful since my account wasn't completed when I had to leave the process.  I would like to start over, but rather than hear back from a customer support person, I've now been advised to Find an answer from the community.  I am running out of time. So frustrating!

Message 34 of 60
Square Community Moderator

@Samantha I've moved your post over to a more relevant thread to what you were looking for. Check out the best answer posted in this thread and let me know if that helps. 

@Hollyyoli7 You should be able to change your password directly from your Dashboard Account & Settings section as well. Check out this article if you need some help: 

How do I reset my password?

Message 35 of 60

Thank you, I tried that, but the response I receive is  that I don't have an account.  When I try to start over, I hear that I already have an account. 

Message 36 of 60
Alumni

Hi again @Hollyyoli7 - sorry to hear about that! Let's have you reach out directly to our Support Team here: http://squ.re/sellersupport so we can help you find your account. 

Message 37 of 60

My login email is wrong and i didnt catch that until today so i went to chage it but i obviously cant get the code to change it if it was sent to an email that doesnt even exist. how can i update my email to my corrrect one?

Message 38 of 60
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “How do I change the email address tied to my Square account if i cant get the code”

I've moved your post here @alexaandraa as other seller's have asked the same question! If you can't get the code, please contact our Support team who can help you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 39 of 60

How do I change the e-mail on my profile

Message 40 of 60
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: where do I find my customer number--have "signed up"

Hello @JonV! I added your post to this thread so you can read @Tom's Best Answer (page 1) with the steps to edit your email address

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 41 of 60

In order for me to change my email address, it seems that they will be sending a verification code to my previous email address that is no longer accessible. How can this be rectified? 

Message 42 of 60