x
Alumni

News from HQ: How to Sell a Ton of Gift Cards

Hey community!

I wanted to share this post from the Town Square Blog: How to Sell a Ton of Gift Cards This Holiday Season. If your customers are trying to finish up their holiday shopping, gift cards make a quick and easy present. ๐ŸŽ  Check out the linked blog post for more on how to up your gift card sales - from displays and signage, to training your employees, and selling them online. 

Do you offer gift cards to your business? How do you promote them? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

We finally added gift crds this season and the resp[onse was amazing.  We've sold more cards in the last 60 days than in the previous 24 months of gift certificates.  About one third of those sales happen online.  Since Square does not support online sales EDIT:  Online Sales of Gift Cards (dumb, right?) we added a form on our website and a PayPal link.  So Paypal receives the revenue then we fulfill at our cafe (pickup or mail out) ,  The customer is happy.  Square stockholders, maybe not so much ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 2 of 9
Square

@oregoncrepe - Glad to hear about the success you've had with gift cards! As for online sales, would you mind sharing a few more details? We actually do offer an online store, as well as third party options in addition to our eCommerce API. Just want to make sure we're on the same page. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 9

Sorry, my bad typing of COURSE square offers an online store, but AFAIK (from posts in the beta IOS FB page) you cannot have gift cards as an item in that store.

I just went into my onlilne store and even though I have gift cards, there was no way I couldd see to order a card online.

Message 4 of 9
Super Seller

You're right, and that is goofy. I found this thread where people have discussed their workaround so they're at least using their Square Store, but it's not much better of a solution than yours. Hopefully Square comes up with a more practical answer sometime soon. https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Can-I-sell-gift-cards-in-my-Online-Store/m-p/470...

Message 5 of 9
Super Seller

Message 6 of 9

Hi Iam trying to figure out how to post a new discussion board #newhereandsolost

Message 7 of 9
Super Seller

Message 8 of 9
Alumni

Thanks for the help and link, @VanKalkerFarms

@angiesmakeup - looks like you were able to post to ask some questions. Feel free to post again if you need help with anything! 

Message 9 of 9