x

Items added through dashboard not appearing on register app

We run a single register at a retail shop.  I recently added an "employee" and assigned a role and permissions so this person could help enter items into the register using her dashboard in her account.  She entered the items through her dashboard.  I could see them through my dashboard as "Owner", yet the register did not show them (nor would the bar codes assigned ring up).  Also her dashboard did not allow her to track inventory on the items she entered.  I could do so from my dashboard as "owner".  I deleted the items through the dashboard and we had to manually enter each item using the register app.  At least the items are now in the register but no way to track inventory this way as you can't add a quantity when entering thru the register (that I know of).  I only noticed this today as I was trying to train this employee on how to handle adding inventory while I am away.  As far as I know the items that I have been entering on my dashboard recently were entered, but then again I hadn't been cross checking to be sure....now I'm worried.  What's going on?  I saw there were problems using the import...this isn't the case here but seems a similar problem.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Your items should absolutely transfer across all of your devices as long as your employee's account is correctly set up, our Support Team can help make sure that her account is linked correctly!

As for the inventory, in order for your employee to have access to inventory management on her dashboard, she must be granted Administrator or Owner permissions. 

If the changes that you are making on your dashboard are not showing up on your devices, our team would need to take a look at your account specifically. 

Message 2 of 2