x

Can I import a list of items into an invoice

I need to create invoice with many different items. Is it possible to import the list of items from a spreadsheet (csv) file instead of adding items one by one?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

@beefields You can create an Item with multiple prices use it like a dropdown menu for each specific item or simply add ALL items and use the dropdown if all ready in place OR you could add all the details to your items - descriptions - prices - details/info in a word or text document then cut and past it into the notes of the invoice.  Once you have done this you can then add "Package A ...as outline above" - add up all the items and price, Package A, for all items listed.  Since this is a one time event - this would be the easiest way to ad a large amount of items if you don’t want to add them one at a time.  WARNING: You will not be able to track items sales on this transaction if you use this method.  It will simply be listed as other sales or "Package A" sales. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your advice. This will not help because I do want to track the invetory and sales or each item. Is there a way to mark items as sold without an invoice ?

Message 3 of 4

@beefields I do not know of a way to "import a list of items into [one] invoice" The only other feature that I can think of is if you create a master invoice with all your most common items - then DUPLICATE the all-in-one invoice when needed and DELETE the items that do not apply to the transaction.  

At-least this would eliminate having to add everything in one at a time.  AND it's much easier to destroy than create. 🙂

A little out-side-the-box, but it might just work in your situation. 

Message 4 of 4