x

Inventory Report Exports Incomplete and Inaccurate Data

The new report used for inventory management exports data that makes the report pretty useless. Here are a few of the issues with the report:

1. The Description and Categories associated with an item do not carry over to items with multiple product SKUs or with multiple Variation Names. This does not allow the user to filter items based on their description or their category. 
  2. For items that a user decides to not track inventory for a value of zero (0) is still exported into the current quantity field of the report. When an item is not being tracked in inventory this field should be left blank. If not, the user is not able to filter out the items not tracked in inventory. Zero is a quantity and therefore should not show up unless the quantity is actually zero. 
  3. Additionally, there are several items in my report where the Current Quantity is blank. I have reviewed these items and compared them to others and cannot see why they are being treated differently. 

These issues have made using the new report very difficult and have greatly increased the amount of time it takes me to complete my inventory tasks. I called and talked with a rep that agreed with all of these concerns and said he would pass on my concerns to the developers. It has been a couple of weeks and the report is still providing incomplete and inaccurate data, please let me know if these items are in the works to be fixed or if this is the new status quo for the reports.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

@sidecar - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos on your first post. 👏

To get going, I'm really glad that you surfaced this feedback. These seem like some very valid pain points. I'm more than happy to share this thread with our product liaison team. I'll also be sure to comment on this thread if any headway is made in addressing your concerns. 

Thanks again, and look forward to hearing more from you in the community! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 3
Square

@sidecar - As a follow up, we did fix it so categories export for all lines, but description is still not repeated. Our product team is currently looking into this more closely. As for your other concerns, I also sent them over to our engineering team to triage. I'll let you know when I have an update. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 3