x

Why aren't my discounts working?

I've entered a 10% special event discount in both the Dashboard and on my iOS device, but when I ring up test sales, the discount doesn't show up.

I can't figure out why not. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @flyingpigbooks, great question!

It sounds like you've already created your discounts, but need to be able to locate and apply them at the time of the sale. Once you've created a discount, you'll need to search and add it to your sale (similar to how you would for one of your library items).

If you're looking to apply a discount to a particular item during a sale, select Current Sale > turn on the discount you need to apply > select Save.

Find step-by-steps on how to do this in our Support Center: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5362

Hope this helps clear things up! If I'm missing the mark, please let me know a bit more on where things are getting stuck. I'll be happy to take a closer look. 😄

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

I have this same issue and have followed the instructions in the help article you referenced. However, there are no discounts availale within any current sale for me to choose. My discounts are listed when I navigate to them under the main menu, but when I tap on any of them, it opens up the EDIT screen. There is no way that I see to APPLY the discount to a transaction. Very frustrating.

Using Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy Note Pro. 

Mark

Message 3 of 6
Square

@markeinersen To apply a discount, you simply would select that discount from your item library, just as if you were adding any other item. Instead of going into the "current sale" section, you can simply select the discount from your item library. 

If you are still having trouble, check out this thread for instructions on getting in contact with our Support team. 

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

On my favorites page I have my discounts as buttons on there.  I can then either click the discount for the whole transaction or as you ring up the item, scroll down and the discounts are listed.  I click to activate the discount amount to that one item

Message 5 of 6

When I simply select a dollar discount amount ($45) to a sale with both taxable ($295 merchandise) and a non-taxable ($40 shipping), it appears to pro-rate the discount among all items, but I can't figure out the proration algorythm.  My sales tax ends up based on about $255.38???

On an iphone, I go to the individual item in my sale but I only see three % discounts, not the $ discounts I also have in my items.  Any idea how to show all discounts?

Message 6 of 6