x

Can I add address field to the appointment form?

I am looking at Square Appointments as an option for a Yoga business where they come to your location. On the appointment form is there a way we can require and specify the client's address?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply Tom. I came across the settings panel on the Appoinment dashboard that actually does do what I need. There is a setting called "Where do you accept appointments?" ~ when select "At the customer's location" it does create a required address field for the client to fill in. If anyone else is in need you can find it here - (Dashboard > Appointments > SettingsAppointment Preferences).

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Admin

Hi @jinch, welcome and thanks for bringing this up.

At this time, the ability to include a required field that would specify your client's address isn't available. That being said, I will certainly share your post with our Product Liaison team as we're always working to improve based on seller feedback.

For now, I would suggest that you add a note in the service/class instructing your clients to include the location of the class in the "Appointment Notes" field before completing their booking.

Please keep in touch for updates and let us know if you have any further questions. We'll circle back with any developments that would be helpful in this case. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 22

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply Tom. I came across the settings panel on the Appoinment dashboard that actually does do what I need. There is a setting called "Where do you accept appointments?" ~ when select "At the customer's location" it does create a required address field for the client to fill in. If anyone else is in need you can find it here - (Dashboard > Appointments > SettingsAppointment Preferences).

Message 3 of 22
Admin

Oh wow — nice catch, @jinch! 💯

Glad that took care of what you needed to accomplish and thank you for coming back to share! I'm going to go ahead and mark your post as the best answer so that other sellers will be able to find what they're looking for.

If anything else comes up, please let us know!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 22

I have that selected and don't see anyplace to add address field

Message 5 of 22
Admin

Hello @CMH-Sue! When you select the option to accept appointments at the customer's location, your clients will automatically be requested to enter their address when they select a service at your business. You don't need to edit/set up the address field.

Here's a screenshot of what booking an appointment at the customer's location looks like for a client: 

Also, just to let you know, the steps to find this setting are slightly different since the first post was written. From your Appointments Dashboard click Settings > Calendar & Booking and then below Where do you accept appointments? select At the customer's location.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 22

however, if I see clients at my office and I want them to enter their address when they book - if I have the setting on "at customer's location" won't it indicate to the client that their appointment is at their address? There's got to be a better way. How hard is it for Square to add a field for address? Seems pretty basic to me. 

Message 7 of 22
Admin

@CHM-Sue You're right, if you selct At customer's location the customer will see We'll come to you when they book an appointment.

Instead, you could save the customer's address to your Customer directory when they arrive for their appointment. Can you let us know why it's important to you have the client's address on file so we can share your feedback with the Appointments team? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 22

Part of my company's service is helping clients to prefill their legal forms. Many of my clients have accents and when I receive  information over the phone, it can be quite difficult to transcribe it correctly. I like to be as efficient as possible so I would prefer them to fill this out before they arrive in person.

That said, the most important custom field for my business is date of birth. We use that to look up the client's immunization record in the State database so that we can understand which shots they still need and how much we should quote them for the services. We would run much more efficiently if we could call the client back with this information in hand rather than looking it up while on the phone.

Message 9 of 22

Re: Can I add Date Of Birth field to appointment booking page?

Message 10 of 22
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sarahhh,

At the time there isn't a way to add a birthdate as a required field on the booking page.

You can add them in your customer directory on your end with any needed personal information though!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 22

I offer a personal shopping and delivery service so it is crucial for me to collect address information so i know where to deliver.  

Message 12 of 22

Hi! Is there an update here? I switched over from Calendly earlier this year because of strong reviews; however, the inability to add custom fields when booking appointments is a major missing feature. I have been able to do this with two other free tools for 5 years.

Would much appreciate a date for this feature request from the product team. Thank you!

Message 13 of 22
Beta Member

Yes this is the main reason I am not using square apartments. The lack of custom fields is deal breaker . 

Message 14 of 22

When a customer books an appointment with my mobile business I want to collect more information than just "name, phone, email".  Is there a way I can add fields so the customer can input all the necessary information prior to my field team visiting the job site?

Message 15 of 22
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MrSocket and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been answered.

While the ability to customize the booking fields doesn't yet exist and is a feature request- one of our sellers @jinch offered a workaround above you might be interested in!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 22
Beta Member

His work around does not work in place if what we are requesting. And we cannot rely on the customer to properly fill out the NOTES section. Please add this as it is crucial and basic. You already have the notes field . Just give us control over the tiles and the ability to add 2 or 3 more fields.. please 

Message 17 of 22

Square almost beat Calendly on every aspects, except for this no custom fields. 
Really hope Square can address on this!

Message 18 of 22

Hello @ashc , is there any update on a potential timeline for Custom Intake Fields for Square Appointment?

Message 19 of 22

Hello,

My company also needs the ability to add more custom information fields during booking. How can we proceed / advance with this?

Message 20 of 22

I also need address and date of birth. My automatic contracts that are sent out through square when a client books are the consent forms we use and they require this information to be recorded on the form along with our studio location info. 

Message 21 of 22