x

What do I do about my square stand not reading my iPad?

Recently my square stand all of a sudden wouldnt read my iPAd. I plug it in like normal and it just keeps connecting then disconnecting. I cant not recieve credit cards due to this situation. It is very frustrating. Is there is way of fixing it or getting it replaced?

Message 1 of 21
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Mcrowder16, @Richyrichco1, and @PuraVidaDance — very sorry to hear that you all are having trouble with getting your iPad and Square Stand to stay connected. That should not be happening. 🤔

If these troubleshooting steps don't resolve the issue, please give our Support Team a call at 1-855-700-6000 and they'll be able to take a deeper dive into what could be causing the trouble.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Alumni

Hi @Mcrowder16 - Sorry to hear about the issue you're encountering. Check out these tips for troubleshooting your Square Stand.

If you need any further help, feel free to contact us directly and our Support team will help you determine if your stand needs to be replaced.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 21

The troubleshooting is no help to me at this point. I need to speak to someone over the phone to get this issue resolved as this is my business credit card machine.

Thank you

Message 3 of 21
Super Seller Alumni

I'm assuming you've tried cleaning out the lightning port on the iPad with canned air?  Are there any signs of obvious corrosion on the lightning adapter built into the Square Stand?  Does the iPad recognize other lightning accessories/cables when connected?

Message 4 of 21

Yes we have cleaned everything. There is no visible corrosion on the adaptor nor the charging port.

Message 5 of 21

I have same issue.  Did you get it fixed?

Message 6 of 21
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Mcrowder16, @Richyrichco1, and @PuraVidaDance — very sorry to hear that you all are having trouble with getting your iPad and Square Stand to stay connected. That should not be happening. 🤔

If these troubleshooting steps don't resolve the issue, please give our Support Team a call at 1-855-700-6000 and they'll be able to take a deeper dive into what could be causing the trouble.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 21

Y'all check out your hub status from within Stand. I am having same issue of the undecisiveness of connecting or not and it seems that the hub is bad since it is not "found." This should fall under a warranty somewhere.  Hope this helps! 

Message 8 of 21

I have the same issue. I'm standing by for a troubleshooting reponse...

Message 9 of 21

As am I. I have not gotten anywhere with this. It is very disappointing that there is no customer service number to actually talk to someone about fixing it.

Message 10 of 21

Are there alternatives/competitors to square that do provide customer service?

Message 11 of 21

Hello @Mcrowder16 and @PuraVidaDance. We do provide phone support. If you look at the top of this thread you can see where @Tom posted our Support Teams phone number.

If you're having trouble giving us a call just let one of us know. 

Message 12 of 21

I'm having the exact same problem. I have 2 square stands with 2 iPad airs. Both of them keep going through a connect and disconnect issue while in use. 

Message 13 of 21

Same issue here... any luck finding the problem? Both iPad and stand are about 6 months old. Very frustrating for customers and me!

Message 14 of 21

At least the stand gave you six months. I just bought two stands for an Aug 25th outdoor festival, so I haven't even used it yet and the issue started occuring about 5-7 days after pulling it out of the box.

Message 15 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hi @hlzma and @NachoMama

Were you able to try any troubleshooting? What version iOS were you running? Check out this existing thread to be sure this doesn't apply to you:

Known Issue With Square Stand and iOS 11.4

This article provides some tips as well: 

Square Stand Troubleshooting

If you're still having trouble, give our CS Team a call directly and we can go through some things with you. 

Message 16 of 21

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: square stand and usb hub problem

Hi! I have a problem with Square stand and USB hub. Ipad is charging 100% but when I checked on the setting it says: "Square stand not connected", also Printer (Epson TM-T20II) was working perfectly and one day it just stop printed, I did restart everything, unplug and plugin tried everything to reconnect,  and then I realized that the problem is on a USB hub and square stand not connected. How can I solve this problem please help me?!!! I'm using Square stand for the first time but this problem makes my business to operate uncomfortably! I hope you will help me!! 

Message 17 of 21
Alumni

Sorry for the trouble. Sounds like there might be a software issue with the POS app or the iOS. Make sure the versions for both are updated to the latest.

As an extra troubleshooting step, reinstall the app if there are no pending offline payments waiting to be uploaded.

Let me know how it goes @favwaffle

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 18 of 21

Hi! so I updated the POS app and iOS, both are the latest version. also, I reinstalled the app. and still iPad is charging well but Square stands not connected and I cannot take payment with Swipe. Thank God I have a chip reader, which cannot charge from the hub, and the printer is not connected too. how is possible square stand to charge iPad but USB hub not charging Reader and Printer disable??? I can't understand, please I hope you will find answers and explanations! Thank you!

Message 19 of 21
Alumni

Thanks for running through those troubleshooting steps. You're right - that is a bit bizarre that the iPad is charging while in the stand but your accessories are not working. There's either some sort of shortage in the power cord or the USB block on the power cord is dead. 

Nonetheless, your Stand is eligible for warranty if purchased within a year.  @favwaffle

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 21

thank you! 

Message 21 of 21