x

How can I check how many times transactions have been voided?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Stealing

How can I check how many times transactions have been voided. Once items are entered / in order to remove those square requires the employee code to be entered / I should be able to report on that as this is clearly a great way for staff to collect cash sales and steal.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Dan3,

Voided transactions are only really applicable to card payments processed via Square, and can occur due to momentary poor internet connectivity. You can view these transactions via your dashboard. A cash transaction however, can't "void" as such - once you complete a cash transaction, the only way to reverse its status would be to process a refund.

One thing to note, is that if you have no internet connectivity at all, the POS app will store cash transactions on the device locally, until it regains internet connectivity, then upload that sales activity to the cloud as a record for your account.

It's possible that if someone took cash payments while offline, then completely shut down the Square app (as opposed to putting it in the background) then tracked cash sales may be lost and not uploaded once connectivity is store - this is a bit of an edge case and isn't something we are able to report on - because if the app is offline then these figures were never able to sent through to your account to begin with, and if the app is shut down in the meantime.

Hope this helps - if you'd like to discuss your specific situation in more detail, I recommend calling our team on 1800 760 137, they'll be able to look into your account in more detail!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2