x

How do I remove Square Stand (adhesive)?

Trying to remove our square stand from our bar top and we can't get it.

Any tips or tricks?  We used the adhesive mounting method as we thought it would be easier to move when the time came...

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 92
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey, 

To remove the adhesive base, you may consider using a "black stick" like this to pry it off: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TOFFNQ.

Once you get one side started, you should be able to push the stick in and pop the plate off the counter.

Alternatively, you might try using a paint chisel, however, we recommend you cover the chisel in thick paper to prevent scratching the surface.

If you need a replacement adhesive plate, please let me know.

I hope this helps out, but please let me know. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 92
91 REPLIES 91
Admin

Best Answer

Hey, 

To remove the adhesive base, you may consider using a "black stick" like this to pry it off: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TOFFNQ.

Once you get one side started, you should be able to push the stick in and pop the plate off the counter.

Alternatively, you might try using a paint chisel, however, we recommend you cover the chisel in thick paper to prevent scratching the surface.

If you need a replacement adhesive plate, please let me know.

I hope this helps out, but please let me know. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 2 of 92

I need one...

Message 3 of 92
Admin

@caro I have sent an adhensive kit to you. You should see it within 5-7 days. 

Please let me know if you need anything else. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 92

Hi, I received a drill bit when I asked for the counter top mount? Is there anyway someone can send me one? 

Chase

Message 5 of 92
Admin

@Arctic Thanks for reaching out. It appears there was a mistake from our Support team and they sent the drill bit by mistake. They have scheduled to ship the adhevsive mount, but there is a slight delay. You should see it soon. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 6 of 92

Is there a place we can go to order new adhesive mounts? I'm getting ready to move 4 stands while we change our countertops at different locations and will need new ones. Not sure the best way to go about finding them. Thanks!

Message 7 of 92
Square

@OCPL - If you can reach out directly, a support can ship these out to you after confirming your address. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 8 of 92

Hey I need an adhesive!

Message 9 of 92
Alumni

Hey @CTA, go ahead and reach out to our support team, and we'll get one out to you. 👍

Message 10 of 92

I also need an adhesive surface mount for ours. Where can we get it?

Message 11 of 92
Admin

Let our Support team know you'd like one @filcuisine!

They'll need to confirm your shipping address before sending you a new one. ✌️

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 12 of 92

how do i get one? i need 2

Message 13 of 92
Alumni

Hey @pokepokechi - Reach out to our CS team directly and they'll be able to advise on any next steps. 👍

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 14 of 92

Can you send us another adhesive kit? We cannot get the stand off the desk to move it closer. 

Thank you 

Message 15 of 92
Alumni

Hey @Activelifechiro! If you reach out to our CS team, they can get you all set up with that. 👍

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 16 of 92

@Howard I have tried to contact someone concerning the need for a new adhesive mount. They have tried to sell me the usb kit which is not what I need. I have also tried to use the chat option. This just keeps rerouting me to other square products. All I need is an adhesive mount for a square stand. Is there any way you can help me get this item. I will pay for it. I just can't find it anywhere and square customer service has not been helpful.

Message 17 of 92
Alumni

Hey there @jameelt  👋 Happy New Year !!! 

Really sorry our Support Team wasn't able to sort this our for you. I'll get a case started for you so they can send the correct adhesive kit for your Square Stand. Be on the lookout for an email from them. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 18 of 92

Hello,

I need a POS square stand adhesive replacement. 

Message 19 of 92

Hey @LAE . I had the same problem. I called to get help. Call square and give them this information. The SKU will make it very easy for them to locate. 

Replacement Adhesive Mount Kit for Square Stand
SKU: A-PAK-0490
Message 20 of 92
Admin

Hey @LAE!

@jameelt is correct. Please reach out to our Support Team and they'll be able to assist you with this after verifying some information. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 21 of 92