x

Is it possible to back-date a cash sale?

I processed a cash sale after the month end. I would like to back-date it to keep my records straight. How do I do this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

I am having a similar issue - I'd like to back-date the payment on an invoice.  Didn't see an obvious way to do it!

Message 2 of 10
Admin

Hi @LeilaBrownPhoto and @howarch,

Firstly, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

At this time, the ability to back-date or edit the details of a completed sale is not available. For now, you may need to add a note for this payment outside of the app or in your directory. Learn more in our Support Center: Manage Your Customer Directory Online. I realize this doesn't solve the date issue, but it may help to keep a note handy in case any questions come up about the payment in the future.

Another seller brought up a similar issue in another thread, which we are tracking as well. Have a look at VanKalkerFarms' reply for more information: How do I delete a cash sale?

I'm sorry for any confusion this may cause with record keeping. Rest assured that I'll be sharing your posts with our Point of Sale and Invoices teams. Thank you for your patience as we're constantly working to improve based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 10

I would also like be able to back date transactions! Could we please add this to a feature request? We recently learned about the ability to track cash/check transactions within our square and I would like to do some historical days for accuracy. 

Message 4 of 10

This would be very handy. We have a once a year fundraiser and I am still getting checks floating in after the fact for meals that were prepaid. Tried doing cash/check reporting this year to track all monies/match them to income. Would be a welcomed tool.

Message 5 of 10

This thread is old. I am wondering if there has been any progress in being able to back date. We had a transaction at the end of 2021, but had some technical difficulties, and we were unable to process and now it will show in 2022. 

Message 6 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @Matsuda

Thanks for checking in on this being able to edit completed transactions. 

Right now, this is still a Feature Request with the Product Team. I would be happy to add your voice to this request. 

Appreciate your time for posting!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 10

I would also like to voice my support and interest for this feature being added.  The cash received was earned in 2021 and is currently recorded as 2022.  In order to show accurately for accounting purposes, cash payments need to be recorded and shown in reports based on date earned, not date recorded.

Message 8 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @anna9 - Thanks for stopping by The Seller Community😊

I can totally see the need for a feature like this and how beneficial it could be for sellers. I'll be happy to move this over to a feature request board so that our engineers have visibility of your suggestion. We appreciate you sharing your request. While there is no time frame for when it will be implemented, i'm happy to make sure our engineers have eyes on your request. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 10

Hello had this since been updated and added to the system? 

Message 10 of 10