x
Alumni

Welcome Wednesday: August 31st

Happy Welcome Wednesday to our new members this week! 👋

Whether you’re brand new or you’ve been around for awhile, we’d love to get to know you - please introduce yourself and your business in the comments!

@Pilot92
@GoodGrapes
@charles
@Gazza31
@SakuraBG 
@Pamelak23
@DancingDolphins
@rhycce
@kcsewingacademy
@cyndi
@jones
@Jamesongirl39
@AStacy123
@toolbox

If you’ve yet to check it out, head on over to our Community Orientation post to learn the basics. 

Talk to you soon,
Kelly

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

@kcsewingacademy - Glad to have a fellow KC person in the community. 😀  Feel free to loop me into any posts that I can help with (that goes for everyone)! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 10

Hi there!  I'm Laura Jameson.  I'm a paralegal and a mother of 4 (Two sons and two stepdaughters) I work full time as a paralegal but have found a new love and decided to make a side business out of it.  I make and sell Deco Mesh wreaths by taking custom orders.  My business (For Ure Door) is very new so I am anxious to see where it goes.  I'm happy to meet your acquaintance on here and wish us all good luck for the remainder of the year! 

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Nice to meet you, Laura! Sounds like you have a full plate! 😀  Love that you do custom orders - if you have a photo, we'd love to see what one of your wreaths looks like. (You can upload an image in a comment - check out this link for details on photo uploads) 

Congrats on the new business! 

Message 4 of 10

Hi, I'm Michael and Sakura Battleground is the largest Martial Arts, Modern Tactical, and Training program in the United States. With a history of almost 40 years in the business we know our industry and the people that know Sakura know where to go for everything Martial and Tactical. Our head Instructor is the highest licensed in classical Japanese Martial Arts and has trained modern tactical training for everyone from secret service to navy seals, and now he is bring that training to the public. We our proud to be partnered with such an outstanding leader in the Martial and Tactical World. We started looking for a better POS system and e-commerce solutions a year ago and have finally decided on Square, because they offer everything we need. It's my job to lead the effort in updating our dated website and make us future ready. Jouzai Senjou!

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

Hi Michael, thanks for introducing yourself. It makes us happy to hear that the largest Martial Arts, Modern Tactical, and Training program in the U.S. is using Square! Your head instructor sounds great too.

Good luck with your efforts to modernize the website - that can be a big task, but I'm sure you'll be able to do a great job. Perhaps there are others here in the community who are in similar positions and can help you brainstorm ideas. Let us know how it goes! 👍

Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

Hello!

My name is Mike and my wife I started our first dry cleaning drop store (Cash's Cleaners in Frisco, TX) at the end of April. So far square has been great for us, we could have went with a dry cleaning POS system that would have cost us $70 a month to use, instead we have made the square system work for us and thankfully square is updating the POS software pretty frequenty which is helping to fill the gaps in the product. We are very excited about the growth of our business along with the growth and new features of Square.

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

Thanks for the intro, Mike. We're excited that you and your wife chose to go with Square! 

Message 8 of 10

Hi from accross the waters in Africa. My name is Janet and my partner and I are setting up a new cafe in Accra, Ghana, West Africa. Though we are following the tried and true practices of regular cafes we set ourselves to be distinct my creating a cultural fusion( Asia, Africa, America and Europe). A cafe that highlights teas, coffee and desserts from around the world... we've even got Vietnamese cakes! Getting the concept from visions to reality is proving a very interesting challenge but we are intent on seeing our dreams come true. Being typical "millenials" we decided we didn't want to be locked into the contract or monthly-fee POS nor did we want to pay huge fees for extra terminals or expansion into multiple locations. Introducing, Square! Our current POS champion to see our dreams come true.

Message 9 of 10
Alumni

Hi @rhycce, thanks for introducing yourself, and for choosing Square! Your cafe sounds great - wish I could come visit!  ✈️

Message 10 of 10