x
Developer

API - Loyalty Program

I read a question answered which stated there is no API for the loyalty program. However, is there a way to track if the customer entered their loyalty information after checkout out through the POS (i.e. using Square Payments)? Our customers are currently using the loyalty program and we are developing a mobile app so they can place orders from a tablet in the store. Without the ability to keep the rewards in sync, it will force us to build our own POS which leverages the Square POS, so that we can track rewards in both the app and at the register.

Are there plans for a loyalty program API? This feature would help us tremendously and give a lot of flexibility to developers.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Developer

I'm going to test if using the Square POS API to process the payment (using the Square app) will capture the stars.

Message 2 of 28
Alumni

@Tapio sorry for the delay here. Loyalty info shouldn't come through using the Square POS API, but I spoke with our developer team and exposing the Loyalty API is on their radar - just no publicly available timeline right now. I'll update this thread when/if that changes. Thanks for your post! 

Message 3 of 28

Hi, is there any update on a timeframe for this? Thank you! 🙂

Message 4 of 28

Hello @strandsupplmnts

Currently we're still looking into this, but we don't have a timeline to share at the moment! If there are any updates a Community Team Member will update this thread. 

Message 5 of 28

I know it is noted that this discussion will be updated, but it has been over 6 months since the last comment regarding making the loyalty API public. Is there any sort of updated timeline? Thank you, Anette

Message 6 of 28

Hi GatherBistro,

Please message us at peter@pc3digital.com, we can help

Message 7 of 28

We are interested in getting an update on this also -- we want to be able to offer rewards through our online store as well as in-store purchases. Thank you!

Message 8 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hello to you both @GatherBistro @strandsupplmnts 

Unfortunately there's nothing new to report around this, but we're trying our best to advocate on your behalf since it seems to be gaining more interest as of late. 

Hopefully we can get this prioritized and rolled out in the near future. If anything changes, we'll post an update for everyone. 

Message 9 of 28
Super Seller

Very much interested in a loyalty API. Hope to see something released soon. 

Serving the best empanadas in Brooklyn - PERIOD!
Message 10 of 28

Hello Balmonte,

We are a NYC-metro agency, message us at peter@pc3digital.com, we can help

Message 11 of 28
Beta Member

Any update on this?

Message 12 of 28
Admin

Not yet @UserTM! We can't share timelines here in the Community but if an API for Loyalty is available in future we'll definitely announce any updates - we'll and post here in this thread to give everyone a heads up.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 13 of 28

any update on this? We are also interested in this. Angelo

Message 14 of 28
Admin

Not yet @agrasso347! Now that you've replied to this thread you'll be notified of any new posts.

If you'd like to keep an eye on a thread without replying click 'Subscribe' in the top right (you must be signed in to see the option to Subsribe)!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 15 of 28

Hi Angelo,

message us at peter@pc3digital.com, we can help enabling loyalty points to be earned from the Square-WC integration

Peter

Message 16 of 28

message us at peter@pc3digital.com, we can help

Message 17 of 28

We are developing an app ourselves. How is the square API for payments working?

Message 18 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Hi @imaginesoda

Glad to hear you're looking to use the Square API for your app. 

Check out the Developers Discussions board when you get a chance. There might be good insight and resources that could help. 

Message 19 of 28

I'm switching from Square's online store to a WooCommerce store, but I'll still use the Square dashboard to manage orders, customers, etc. Many of my customers are currently enrolled in Square's loyalty program, but any orders from WooCommerce do not give customers Square loyalty points even though my customers are synced between both platforms. Square support told me these points aren't synced with third parties. I have a Square POS in my store in addition to online orders where customers can earn points. 

Any work-a-rounds or suggestions on how to automatically award customers points in both systems?

Message 20 of 28
Admin

Hey @vrthecoffeeguy- Thanks for your post!

Unfortunately there isn't a way to automatically have loyalty points added to a customer's profile after they've made a purchase through WooCommerce, or any other third party sites for that matter. And there isn't any real workaround. if we hear of something, we'll update this thread.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 21 of 28