x

processing question

I processed a payment while I was not connected to the internet (I was on 4G).  It was accepted and is showing up on my square account when I sign in at home to verify.  However, I have not received an email notice that it went through.  Why not?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

If your phone was connected to 4g it is still online.  Do you have offline mode enabled on your account?

Go to https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions and you can see your transactions.

Message 2 of 6

I did not have offline mode enabled.  It is showing on my online account, but it's making me nervous that I did not get an email.  Am I overthinking it?

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

You should have nothing to worry about if it is showing up in your transactions online.  And that means you weren't without internet since you were able to get the card approved since you don't have offline mode enabled.  I don't get emails for transactions so I don't know what kind of delay they have etc.

Message 4 of 6

Thank you for your help!  Digging into the account a little more, I have discovered that somehow that option got turned off.  Which doesn't seem like something I would do, this early in the game.  It was on when I tested it and I liked it!  So, now it is back on until further notice.  I feel so much better now!  

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for chiming in @VanKalkerFarms

I'm glad to hear everything is working for you @dasmillers , however it does sound strange that this feature was turned off without you knowing. 

If you run into this again let me know and I'll investigate for you. 

Message 6 of 6