x

How to view customer email address in sales report or transaction detail report?

How can I include the customer email address, mailing address and notes in my transaction report?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hello @sptc, thanks for surfacing this.

At this time, we don't display customer information (e.g. email address and mailing address) directly in the Transactions report.

There are two ways to view these details:

1. From your Directory > select a customer > view their contact information and purchase history.

2. From your Transactions tab > select a payment > view payment notes > select customer name > view their contact information.

I hope this helps you get access to the information you need. Please let me know if you have any further questions or insight!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 8

@Tom - I'd like to show addresses in my Customer Directory listing. Is that not possible currently?

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Hey @Troop997 - To clarify, are you just trying to look up addresses within your app? If so, you would just need to pull up the customer's profile within your Customer Directory and it will show any information you entered for them including their address. What Tom meant was that customers' addresses are not visible on any reports that you can export and print in order to protect their privacy.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 8

I would like to see all of my customer addresses in the Customer Directory, so I could sort on the address. Being able to see an individual address is not very useful for my use case.

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Unfortunately, the ability to sort by address isn't a feature at this time. However, I can surface your feedback with our Customer Engagement team to consider for future improvements.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 8

Our current product is classes virtual and in-person (when safe),  and we need to be able to export a "class list" including email addresses so we can send information, links, reminders, etc. 

Currently the item detail export includes item info and the customer name, but not the email address associated with the purchase.  Is there any way to add that field to the transactions CSV export? 

Right now we add "email address" as a required modifier question for the customer to complete, but even this process is WAY to manual to keep up within a timely manner and we are missing people in the email communications about class info, changes due to weather and links, etc. 

The "orders" report doesn't work for us either since then it only shows online "orders" and not those people we've signed up via in-store transactions or via invoices sent.  AND that CSV report has the email address on a separate row than the "product" item name so easily filtering that list by class name also doesn't work. 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Heya @MHPTC,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how customer emails aren't included in sales reporting.

Check out the Best Answer for more details.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8