x

Importing Customers to business cell phone

Hi everyone,

I recently ported my business line to an iPhone and am looking for a way to sync or import my customer directory to that phone so I'll know who it is who's calling. 

With a land line, I could see who the number was listed to, but unfortunately, cell phones don't work that way. They just display the number, unless you have the caller in your "contacts."

So what I'm asking is, Is there an easy way to import the customer directory with an iPhone?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @Stellar732, thanks for bringing this up.

While you can add contacts to your Customer Directory from your iPhone, you can't import your Customer Directory from the Register app to your iPhone contacts list. You might want to touch base with Apple Support for any other tips on how to import multiple contacts to your iPhone address book.

I can see how this would be helpful for streamlining your workflow, so I'll definitely share this request with our product liaison team. Keep in touch for updates, and let us know if you have any other questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

Hey, am I able to download customer phone numbers in csv? When I tried to get a csv export from my customer directory I only received a short list of those customers that had been registered as a customer. I would like to get all the phone numbers which I've entered with each sale for customer receipt. Is there a way I can do that?

Thanks

Miriam

Message 3 of 5
Square

Hi @miriammandel2, thanks for posting. Happy to clarify. 

When you export your customer information, only the contact information that has been added directly to the customer's profile - either in the app or Customer Directory - will be available. 

Phone numbers and email addresses that are provided solely for receipt delivery at the end of a sale are private to Square, and will not be viewable/exportable. Apologies for any confusion, I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 4 of 5

How do you add/import customer contact info from an iphone to squareup contacts? This functionality used to be there, but doesn't seem to be available now. Did you guys remove this feature??

Message 5 of 5