x

Why do I still have fees when I have free processing?

I am new to Square but signed up through a link that gave me free processing for my first $1,000. I processed less than that but when I view my reports it says there were still fees taken out and I can't figure out why. Would someone be able to explain to me why when I have free processing that I had to pay these fees?

Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there!

Free processing reimbursements are applied on a per-transaction basis and are automatically grouped with your next deposit.

You'll see the transaction fee taken out, however when the funds are deposited you'll see the full amount for the payment. 

You can check on your free processing amounts in your Square Dashboard

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Best Answer

Hi there!

Free processing reimbursements are applied on a per-transaction basis and are automatically grouped with your next deposit.

You'll see the transaction fee taken out, however when the funds are deposited you'll see the full amount for the payment. 

You can check on your free processing amounts in your Square Dashboard

Message 2 of 28

Thank you! 

Message 3 of 28

I also signed up through a link for free processing, I got my first deposit this morning and the fees were still taken out.

Message 4 of 28
Square

@CherlyGarrettGS - Sorry to hear! It sounds like there must have been a hiccup in the process. We'd be happy to take a closer look for you, just reach out directly. Make sure and include the email address of the person who referred you, as well. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 28

I'm having the same issue. WHY am I getting a fee?!?

Message 6 of 28
Square

Sorry to hear about trouble, @stephieloves31. Contact our team directly and we can take a closer look!

Message 7 of 28

Me too!, I just signed up and supposed to be getting $1000 free processing (referral from a friend)!!!  My sales were $73 and only $71.90 was deposited to my account and of course there is no customer support.  Why is this happening?

Message 8 of 28

Hi, 

I am seeing the reimbursement on my deposits sheet but I didn't get the full amount back. For example, I had 2 transactions that added up to $775 with fees that added up to $21.32. The free processing reimbursement was $19.05 so the total amount deposited was $772.73. Is there still an underlying fee that is not included in the "free processing"?

Message 9 of 28
Alumni

@BlakeBarnes, sorry for the delayed response here. It sounds like you might need to speak to a member of our team directly - you can do so from our contact page. Since this is a public forum, we can't get into too many account-specific details publicly - please reach out via the link I gave you and we'll get it sorted out. 

Message 10 of 28

I too am getting fees taken out.  I used a referral code and gave one out as well which my friend activated.

Message 11 of 28

I used a referral link to sign up too and I'm being charged fees!! 

Message 12 of 28

@Srarrant627 @hollygo603 Have you checked your Square Dashboard to make sure that your free processing was applied to your account? 

It's important to remember that the transaction fee is reimbursed when your deposit is sent.

For example: If you swipe a card in the amount of $100.00, Square’s fee will be applied to the payment. However, your deposit will appear as $100.00 since your fees are reimbursed. The payment total of $100 will be deducted from your free processing balance.

Message 13 of 28

Hello. I referred someone to square. I got a confirmation code at some point saying I got free processing for 1000 dollars in processes. And I didn't. Or haven't? 

Message 14 of 28

Hi @Sshedlock

I've moved your post to a similar existing thread. 

Check out the Best Answer and let me know if you need any additional clarification. 

Message 15 of 28

I used a referral code With square for free processing up to $1000. My processing fees are not being grouped into my next batch of deposits. 

Message 16 of 28
Alumni

Hi @Jessicasell87 - Sorry to hear about the trouble. Contact our Support team directly so they can take a closer look at your account for you.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 17 of 28

Does the free processing fees apply to manual transaction fees (up to $1000) also?

Message 18 of 28

I received my first sales transaction today for $25.00, but was charged a transaction fee of $1.03.  I signed in under a promotional for a free $1000 in transactions for 180 days.  My account shows that the promotional is active until May 2018.  Would someone please tell me what additional steps I need to take in order to obtain the free $1000 in transactions?

Message 19 of 28

The way the system works, the transaction fees are still charged (for bookkeeping purposes) but the fees are refunded before the money gets sent to your bank.

On the dashboard, if you check the Upcoming Deposits section, there should be a note that says something like "includes $x.xx in refunded fees".

Once the money actually gets deposited to your bank, I think you'll see the full $25 arrives. If not, then yes a Square technician may need to look into what's going on.

Message 20 of 28

What does this cover? I have taken two payments and both were charged fees when I did the instant despoit. Where is the free processing?

Message 21 of 28