x
Beta Member

Flag a customer

Has anyone used square appointments and square customer field to input leads. In other words is there a way to enter a potential customer and flag them for follow up (diy crm system)?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @edelman

I haven't heard of anyone using Square Appointments in this fashion and I'm not sure how successful it would be. A lot of the automated reminders refer specifically to an Appointment setup with the business. Could you share some more details of how you would like it to work? 

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

I have potential clients who call me and I pass their contact information to my associates. I want to find a system that helps me track who I referred a client to and what the outcome was.

Message 3 of 8

@edelman I see, so you could enter a potential clients information into Square Appointments, but it will force you to create an appointment for each one. You can disable the SMS and email reminders, so the customers don't get upcoming appointment messages. 

The only thing is we don't have away to show what happened with your referral. The appointment will just show as completed or missed. 

You might be able to make it work for your situation, but I feel like there might be another business solution out there for this. 

Message 4 of 8

I’m looking to flag a former client who I will not provide future services for (since blocking is not currently an option).  Maybe put an asterisk in front of their name??  I hope Square creates a Flagging feature and a way to filter the clients so we can see who’s been flagged quickly and easily.

Message 5 of 8

So, I was able to add a red flag emoji (using the mobile app) to the name of the client, but I learned that you have to put the emoji at the end of either the first or last name, not at the beginning.  But they’re still easy to spot as you scroll through.  I’m still hoping Square will create a Flagging feature and allow us to filter out those we’ve flagged for quick and easy reference!

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @JenPassavant,

Thank you for writing in and sharing this helpful workaround!

We'll be sure to make an announcement if flagging clients becomes a feature with Square Appointments. We appreciate you taking the time to share suggestions and feedback on the Seller Community 😊

Message 7 of 8

Thank you for this info!  I had someone who received services dispute charges and needed a way to flag them so they got the big red!!!!! after their name

Message 8 of 8