x

Capital offer?

Good afternoon everyone, 

Please direct this message to the appropriate team member at square capital. 

Ive been a maybe of square for many years and process a lot of credit card sales and pay monthly for a lot of different fees for extra square services.

Today I’ve reached 85% paid off and would like to get a renewal. 

This is will be used to open a new location and increase revenue with you guys. 

For the most part every time I’ve reach 80% it instantly gives me another offer. Just this time it has not and we are doing better than before.

also on the consideration of the amount can be a little higher would be ideal.

once again I value our relationship. Thank you 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller

your account is reviewed daily by the Square Capital algorithm and when it is determined to be a good time for a loan one will be offered to you.  loans can be offered while there still is a loan outstanding or it could be months after a loan is paid off. there isn't a way to ask for more money or a loan faster.

Message 2 of 13

I disposed of the previous business I had from which Square was being paid back for the Capital loan, and have been manually paying it back as much as I can. I am at 86% paid, and I have just started a new venture -- I could really use the extra capital to help with advertisements and to get some parts stocked (it's an appliance repair service). 

Please can a human review my account and possibly renew my loan? I know you all say that it's generally renewed between 75%-85% paid, and I am now at 86%. If you renewed my loan, it would close out the balance on my current loan and allow me some working capital to start this new venture with. I have been with Square for over three years now, and I have processed hundreds of thousands of dollars with you all. 

I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider renewing my loan. Thank you for your consideration.

Message 3 of 13
Alumni

Hi @ATLemissions - I merged your post here, so you can read @VanKalkerFarms's response!

Message 4 of 13

Ugh yet another generic response. Y'all really don't care do you? So sad this is how you treat a struggling small business.

Message 5 of 13
Alumni

Hi @ATLemissions - Sorry about your frustration. Since we don't have account specific information in the community, we really don't have further insight into Square Capital's process beyond what VanKalkerFarms' post says. The process Capital has in place reviews accounts daily. 

If you want to reach out directly to the Capital team, you should send them an email. The community isn't the appropriate venue to ask for account review since we don't have account specifics. Sorry about that!

Message 6 of 13
Super Seller

also manually paying back your loan will set your possibility of another loan back, as each manual repayment resets the time before the algorithm looks at the account, 2 to 4 weeks.  this is due to funds coming from outside your normal business day to day operations and is a flag that money from other sources is being used to pay back the loan which is only intended to be paid back from your day to day operations.

Message 7 of 13

Way to confirm my OP. Square does not care about small businesses like they claim. Life is not all about algorithms and numbers. 

If I hadn't shut down my business, why would I manually pay back the loan? If I am starting a new business that needs funding, WHY ON EARTH WOULD I HAVE SHUT DOWN THE PREVIOUS BUSINESS?! 

Sorry, VanKalkerFarms, but it appears that you didn't learn reading comprehension in primary school because you literally dissected my inquiry and responded to the parts you had "clever" answers to. I've said it before (and my post was removed)... I'll say it again: square doesn't care about the little guy, just their bottom line. Once again, you all will gain more by extending my loan but choose to play games and dodge legitimate inquiries. Maybe this time I should copy/paste this whole thread to Twitter and let the world know how fake y'all are... sounds fun! Good luck!!

Message 8 of 13
Super Seller

you are correct that Square Capital is an algorithm based loan division, there isn't "Mr. Smith" in the loan department that you have to sit in front of at the bank and bring in all your previous 3 years worth of monthly income statements and pay stubs and income tax papers.  It is simply based on how much you do business over a set amount of time with a good history and new clients and returning clients and there isn't a credit check and many more variables.  Your situation is going to be a lot more complicated since you don't have business income coming in anymore on your original company that has a loan against it and is only being repaid manually. 

Square starts around 700 new Square capital loans totaling 4 million dollars every day to the millions of Square users.  hopefully, you will get one soon to meet your needs, but if you don't there are lots of good options at credit unions and even some banks and specialized credit services.  I was denied at 3 banks but then I got a 250k Revolving line of credit at my local farm credit service company with only 2% interest when I borrow against it, so it took some time and work to get it done but it paid off and I got a great loan that benefits my business and now my loan keeps growing as my business grows.

Message 9 of 13

I would think that they would want to help us grow business because they make money off of us daily running credit cards..

Message 10 of 13

Why would you sendcus elsewherevfor funding when we do business with you not others..

Message 11 of 13

Any ideas when renewals are offered?.. I used to get a renewal offer at [Personal Information Redacted] but I'm down to [Personal Information Redacted] now owed

Message 12 of 13
Super Seller

nearly 800 new loans are made every day now totaling almost 5.5 million dollars.

Message 13 of 13