x

No power to cash register and the printer

I have been using the system for about 1 year. The POS system suddenly stopped powering up the cash register and the printer. I can use my smartphone for the credit card interactions but I can not use the cash register and printer at all. I erased and reinstalled the square program but did not chage the problem. any recommendations.

atilla

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @magicbites, sorry for the frustration.

Thanks for taking the time to try deleting and reinstalling the app. What kind of printer are you using? If you haven't had a chance already, I'd recommend giving these troubleshooting tips a go as they usually resolve any issues right away.

If, after that, you're still having trouble, please let our Support team know. We'll be able to have a closer look at your account and get to the bottom of it.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

I have  been experiencing the same problem as magicbites. My printer has no power  and cash drawer is not working. My receipt  printer is STar TSP100. 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@BambuRC Sorry to hear you're having the same problem. Have you had a chance to go through these troubleshooting steps?

Also, we're aware of connection issues where the Square Stand and iPads running on iOS11. If you recently upgraded to iOS 11 we recommend these troubleshooting steps while we work in a fix with Apple. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

I doubled whether it has something to do with updating IOS. Because my stand is connected and I can swipe card. Whenever  the stand is disconnected, I reset my Ipad and stand starts to connect. Unlike my  receipt printer and my cash drawer still gas no power on printer and cash drawer needs a key all the time. 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Thanks for your reply @BambuRC. At this point it would be worth calling our Support team so we can verify the root cause of the issue and help troubleshoot from there. Thanks for your patience! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 6