x

Change Emailed Invoice Subject Line?

Is it possible to customize the subject line for emailed invoices? "New Invoice: #2553 to Mr Smith" is getting old.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@PlanetPromo It's not possible to completely change the subject line for invoices at this time! I will share your feedback about this with the Invoices team.  

In the meantime, you can use up to 20 characters for the Invoice ID, which also appears in the subject line. The Invoice ID doesn't have to be a number though the subject of each invoice will still appear in the following format:

• New Invoice #[20 characters] from [Your Business Name]

This means if you wanted to you you could add something short like New Invoice #1234 Thank you! from Mr Smith. I know 20 characters isn't much to work with but I hope it helps you with some invoices. If there are any updates from the Invoices team about editing the subject line we'll let you know here. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

That's a helpful workaround for now thank you! When I switched my billing from paypal, a lot of my customers ignored it thinking spam (even though I did tell them!) haha, anyway, I've been creating manually, then sending the link directly from MY email - that works too, just more time...
Message 3 of 4
Admin

That's a good workaround too @rokstar! Thank you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4