x
Alumni

Early Access to the Android Appointments App!

Hey folks!

I’m very excited to announce that we are recruiting sellers for an early access program for Square Appointments on Android!

appts-android-01.png

As of right now, the Appointments functionality in the app is very limited. You’ll be able to view a calendar of your appointments and personal events one day at a time, view the details of individual appointments, and check out those appointments directly in the app. Anything you'd typically do in Square Point of Sale-- creating items, managing customers, sending invoices-- you’ll also be able to do from this app.

We’ll be regularly adding more functionality to the app as we move towards launching it to everyone, but I want to make sure you know that this is an early access version-- if it were end-to-end ready with all the features needed for anyone to use it, we’d just skip ahead to launching it to everyone!

Being part of the early access program means you'll be able to provide feedback, and the Appointments product team will listen closely to your input. We may reach out to talk directly about how things are going from time to time. Your thoughts and suggestions will help us shape the path we take from now to launch and beyond!

If you’re interested, please reply to this thread and we’ll reach out via email. We’re keeping our audience limited to start, so we may not be able to invite you to try it out immediately. But we’ll be sure to reach out to everyone and let you know when you should expect an invitation to join.

Thank you all for your help as we continue to work towards launching Appointments on Android. I personally can’t wait to see this thing go out to everyone-- I know there will be at least 12 pages worth of happy sellers when that happens 🙂

Cheers!

Devon M

Product Manager - Square Appointments

Message 1 of 413
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you to all who have shown interest in testing the Square Appointments app! Also, thank you to those who have reached out to the beta team to gain access! 

I have good news for everyone! The Square Appointments App is now in Open Beta! This means you can download app from the Google Play Store or by selecting this link on your Android device

You can create, manage and take payments for your appointments directly from the Square Appointments app. You can also view upcoming and past appointments as well as customer information.

We are finalizing things and tuning out a few tweaks, but plan to GA very soon! 

Please go ahead and download the app! Feel free to share feedback here or at betafeedback@squareup.com 

Thanks, 

Howard, Square Beta Team

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 408 of 413
412 REPLIES 412

Hi

I would like to be invited to try the early access program for android. I currently am using my wife's iPad to access the app.

Message 232 of 413

Im in sign me up

Message 233 of 413

Hi yes o am very excited and would like to be a part of this thank you !

Message 234 of 413

Good evening. I'm so happy to come back to Square and see that the appointments app is now free for individuals, AND that an android app is under development. I would like to also become part of this test group if possible. I travel multiple cities for a farrier biz and will be traveling states soon. I would love the opportunity to have the ability of scheduling through my phone rather than logging in on a computer or "desktop view" to add, delete, or change appointments day-by-day.

Appreciate it!

Katelyn

Message 235 of 413

It’s been over a month since I was told I would be added to the beta. Can’t seem to get an answer out of anyone from square.  Really unfortunate since not being able to use it on android is a serious disadvantage. Why are they even offering it if they don’t intend to deliver?

Message 236 of 413

I asked starting the day they announced it. I think their issue is they are trying to make the app a be-all-end-all solution. They shouldn’t try to stuff full desktop functionality into the mobile app. Apps are supposed to be snapshots. Make it two apps- the POS, and the Calendar. Or better yet, they shouldn’t even make it an app- it should be a URL that dynamically changes depending on the type of devise it is being viewed on. Then they don’t have to worry about all different mobile versions out there, things being compatible, etc.

My employees just want to see their schedule on the go. Even on iPhone I have to now log all the way out and all the way back each time I flip between our locations just to see a schedule, it’s nuts. 

Message 237 of 413

Like to be a part of the beta testing

Message 238 of 413

I would like to be able to access the android app. I don't think I need anything fancy as it is just me.

Message 239 of 413

I would like to be included in the Beta launch please!

Message 240 of 413

Hello,  If I fit the criteria I would love to provide feedback for android appointments app!  I have been pateintly waiting for this feature and currently use appointments along with 2 other employees.  My email is [Personal Information Redacted]

Thank you

Krsiten Loveland

Message 241 of 413
Beta Member

Count me in.

Message 242 of 413

I know it's not that early any more, but I'd like to get access to this app.

Message 243 of 413

May I please e added to the beta testing for android appointment app?

Thank you!

Michele

Revitalize Within

Message 244 of 413

We definitely want to try it! 🙂

Message 245 of 413

I would love to try the early access to the android Appointments app. [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 246 of 413

I want to be added to the list!!!!!! I and tons of others NEED this like months ago!!!!!

Message 247 of 413

If you are still accepting Beta testers, I am interested!

Message 248 of 413

I really want to ne apart of this. I need all my appts and payment in apps versus web based.

Message 249 of 413

I would like to be a tester please. 

Message 250 of 413

I need this app ASAP.  Please I need the early access 

Message 251 of 413

Is it too late to get in on this? I'm very interested. 

Thank you

Message 252 of 413