x

Maximum Charge Amounts?

TODAY I will be hosting an art exhibition where each work will be $3,200 each. What potential issues may I run into if I process several transactions with my Square reader? Are there any precautions I should be taking?

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Sounds like an awesome event! 🖼 👌

In general, you should be fine. All Square merchants have a per transaction limit of $50,000 and no daily deposit limits. You might just keep in mind that in order to ensure a secure purchasing environment, we do sometimes reach out to our sellers for more details. This is especially true if you're a newer seller, or if you have a sudden change in sales.  

You can check out our merchant protection guidelines and tips here

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Square

Best Answer

Sounds like an awesome event! 🖼 👌

In general, you should be fine. All Square merchants have a per transaction limit of $50,000 and no daily deposit limits. You might just keep in mind that in order to ensure a secure purchasing environment, we do sometimes reach out to our sellers for more details. This is especially true if you're a newer seller, or if you have a sudden change in sales.  

You can check out our merchant protection guidelines and tips here

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 16

you're answer also answered my question in the email I sent to Square yesterday...thanks...

Message 3 of 16

my reply was meant for Seans answer...

Message 4 of 16

I am a new seller. I will be using 2 new Squares for an upcoming charity event. Can I have 2 different devices (iPhone & iPad) swiping at the same time? 

Message 5 of 16
Admin

@Bakerygirl, you bet! 😀 You can sign in to the same Square account on different devices and accept payments at the same time. Visit our Support Center for more tips on using Square at your event👍

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 16
Alumni

@Bakerygirl, welcome to Square! Did your charity event happen yet? We'd love to hear how it went! 

Message 7 of 16

First time ever in community forum for assistance. I havent run a transaction for quite some time and now today I will be running a transaction for over $12,000. Should I expect any issues with Square as long as my customer contacts his credit card company to notify them of the transaction and amount?

Thanks

Message 8 of 16

Welcome @LBMotorsports! 🏎

So all Square accounts have a transaction limit of $50,000 dollars. So you will be under that. If this payment is larger than what you normally take, our Account Services Team might reach out and request some information about the transaction. As long as you follow our Best Practices for Accepting Payment Cards, you will be set! 

If you have any other questions please let me know! 😀

Message 9 of 16

I have a square account but it's for casual use only . Is that also $50k limit or is it less . Thank you 

Message 10 of 16

So the maximum is 50,000.00 per transaction, is that per day? can i run one for 40,000.00 and another for 25,000.00 on the same card on the same day? My customer pays with a virtual card (ignorant i know) but they pay me for more than one invoice at a time, and these totals can be very large, and you are required to withdraw the amount specified by our customer, or the transaction will not go through. If 50,000.00 is the max, then i will have to tell my customer to mark my account for no transactions over 50,000.00. i currently have a trasaction for 72,091.00 but if i take anything other than this amount, it will deny the whole transaction on the card.

Message 11 of 16
Admin

You're correct @BigJeep- it is $50,000 per transaction. So if you're needing to process a payment with the same customer for more than $50,000, you can split up that transaction and run it in the same day! 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 12 of 16

My wife nees to bill her client for50% of a job which is 40K he would like to pay via CC can she use Sqaure for this? anyone wknow the fees involved to pass it along to the client and will my wifes business recvieve the funds in a timely manner?

Message 13 of 16
Admin

@mbloch I moved your question to this thread so you can see Sean's Best Answer which answers the transaction limit.

We're not able to give advice on applying surcharges since the rules vary by state.

By default, all Square accounts are set up on the Next Day Deposit Schedule, but you're able to adjust that deposit schedule if you want your funds sooner.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 14 of 16

Hi Sean I am brand new to Square...I want to ensure there are no problems/delays in processing my payments. I am a kitchen designer selling custom kitchens. I won't be processing payments daily but when I do they are potentially going to be between $5000 and $10000. What can I do before processing payments to ensure no problems?? Thanks a bunch.

Message 15 of 16
Alumni

Hey @JillK  🤗 -  we're happy your joined our family! 

You're in the clear -  with Square, you have a transaction limit of $50k with a next business day deposit schedule.  Please note, in order to ensure a secure purchasing environment, we may periodically reach out to customers for additional information. Check out our best practices for accepting large payments.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 16