x

Square Register stopped recognizing Gift Card SKU

Hi all,

Up until this morning our gift cards were working just right.  Suddenly, this morning, when I tried to sell a gift card, I scanned the gift card bar code and I got the "We couldn't find this item in your library" message.  I was still able to sell the gift card by manually tapping on the  gift card item, but it concerns me that the item can suddendly not be scanned.  I checked the gift card setup on the web site, and the SKU is correct.  The only thing that changed from last night to this morning was the tax rate.  I doubt this could have caused this.

Has anybody seen this?  How can I fix this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JLO

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @jlotero, thanks for bring this up and sorry to hear about the trouble.

I haven't come across this specific issue with Square Gift Cards. Going forward, I'd suggest running through any applicable bar code scanner troubleshooting tips listed in our Support Center. If, after giving those a try, you're still running into this issue, please contact out Support Team and let us know which scanner you're using. We'll look into it ASAP!

Thanks for your patience, and let us know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2