Minimum Order Amount

by AdamsArts on ‎05-26-2016 07:17 PM - last edited on ‎01-11-2017 08:14 AM by Community Manager

The help desk said that there isn't a feature available for a minimum order amount.  My previous web site host had this option.  It is helpful to have a minimum quantity or $ amount when you sell small inexpensive items and offer free shipping.  Maybe there is a work around that I don't know about.  Thanks.

Comments
by pourlecafe
on ‎08-28-2016 02:27 PM - last edited on ‎09-07-2016 08:23 PM by Employee Moderator

Have the ability to set a minimum required amount of each product to be able to add to the cart. Currently you can only "suggest" a minimum quantity. If trying to sell in large quantities, the description can state "**Minimum order of 12" however that often gets ignored and single orders come through. 

Having the ability to turn on minimum quantites for each item would be great and make orders a lot smoother of a process

by cokezero
on ‎09-20-2016 10:41 AM

It would be helpful to have a feature that allows you to set a minimum order on one or more products.  For example, we have certain products that have a minimum order of $75.  For any purchases less than $75, we need to charge a $5.00 processing fee.   

by pbcookieman
on ‎11-19-2016 05:20 PM

I agree with Pourlecafe. I just spent an hour trying and hoping I found a way to tie minimum quantities to SKUs so people can't ignore the minimum order and order at the reduced price. Please consider adding this very cool and common sense option that no one else is offerring.

by Jaysgourmet
on ‎01-08-2017 06:16 AM

Does anyone have an answer for this min. order question?

by klyster
on ‎01-11-2017 08:01 AM - last edited on ‎01-11-2017 08:10 AM by Community Manager

I can't believe it is not possible to set a minimum order value based on cost, weight, etc in the cart settings. This is really a fundamental basic function of most decent ecommerce platforms. Please add this soon, as I can't use Weebly for ecommerce websites until it gets added. Thanks.

by Community Manager
on ‎01-11-2017 08:12 AM
Status changed to: Duplicate

It looks like this was posted to our Vote on Features board previously, so I'm going to mark this as a duplicate and link to the earlier post. Feel free to add your kudos to that to show support for it!

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Minimum-Order-Amount/idi-p/9274

by Community Manager
on ‎01-11-2017 08:13 AM

It looks like this was posted to our Vote on Features board previously, so I'm going to mark this as a duplicate and link to the earlier post. Feel free to add your kudos to that to show support for it!

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Minimum-Order-Amount/idi-p/9274

by Community Manager
on ‎01-11-2017 08:15 AM

by Community Manager
on ‎05-26-2017 07:33 AM
Status changed to: Archived

by aerostar
on ‎05-27-2017 10:40 AM

Thats a shame. It makes sense to have a minimum order amount.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors