x

I will be using Square for our high school concession stand. What is the best product to use?

Was wondering any advice on using the chip reader or the swipe reader would be better or just the stand alone. This is something completely new for us.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I like the swipe reader. I purchased the stand for my shop and the swipe reader works every time, no matter which way I run it.  I also use the portable swipe reader for when we travel to different events and have never had an issue.

Message 2 of 5

Thank you that is what I was thinking, but a second opinion is always helpful😀

Message 3 of 5

You're welcome.

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

@Lakeshore1, great question, and welcome to Square! A lot of people who use Square to sell food & drinks like the Square Stand because swiping is so fast and easy. You may also want the chip card and contactless reader to charge those people who have chips in their cards or want to pay using Apple Pay - you can read more in this post about the reasons to invest in a chip card reader

A couple other people running concession stands and PTAs have posted in the Seller Community too, maybe y'all would have some tips to share with one another. 😊  @StevensonPTA and @hcyouthchorus tagging you in case you'd like to share tips for getting set up! 

@Lakeshore1 let us know how your first night of sales goes, and if you have any other questions! 

Message 5 of 5