x

How do I change my primary email address, without having access to my original email address ?

I no longer have access to my company email address. I need to change the email address so I can have access to emails from customers. I tried doing this in settings, bubt I'm being sent a code to the email I no longer have access to, and thus unable to confirm and change the email address on my account.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @keugent

If you no longer have access to the email address on file you'll have to give our CS Team a call! They will have to verify your identity and update your email address manually. 

If you've never called us I recommend checking out the thread Customer Code & Phone Number - Where is it? 

Message 2 of 6

I'm having a the same problem on a Sunday.  Calling is not a viable option as your offices are closed.  Square needs to be able to verify identify using a company 2-step verification contact mobile number as well like other companies.  I should not have to wait until Monday to make a simple change.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @tvanzie, I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble with this as well. I've surfaced your post with our CS Team and asked someone to reach out. I can't access and share account-specifics here for privacy purposes, though someone will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 6

I am having the same issue with no access to original email and need to change it now if possible. i have an event in 30-minutes and need to change my email before then. i tried to call in today, Saturday.

Message 5 of 6

Hello @rj007, it sounds like you still have access to take payments luckily. If you don't have access to the email address on file you will have to call the Customer Success Team to update it. Currently we offer support Monday - Friday. If you really need this done today you can subscribe to Premium Support which gives you 24/7 support. Premium Support costs $30 dollars a month. 

Message 6 of 6