x

Mark a recurring invoice as paid early

Mark a recurring invoice as paid early

Hello,

We have customers that are set up on recurring invoices that are sent on the 1st of every month. Some customers elect to pay their invoice before the 1st of the month in person. 

How can we mark the invoice as paid before it actually goes out? I don't want to have to delete/recreate invoices, but currently there doesn't seem to be a way to simply mark an invoice as paid "early". I know I can wait until the invoice is sent and then mark it paid at that time, but that adds additional overhead and requires us to remember who all paid early.

Please help!!

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I accept payment on a recurring invoice that hasn't been sent yet?

Hey @kidder

I reached out to our Invoices Team for an update on this feature. Right now it's not on our product road map. We're keeping this thread open so we can track how many sellers request this feature. It might be added to the road map in the future, but I don't know when that might be. 

I know it's not the answer you were hoping for, but that's the status as of 12/05/2018. 

24 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kidder

Welcome to the Seller Community and sorry for the late reply here. 

Unfortunately, the ability to pay a recurring invoice before it is due isn’t currently available with Square Invoices.

What you can do is charge your customer with a separate invoice or in person, then edit the recurring series to start at a later date. 

I can see how this feature would be useful, so I'll let our Invoice team know it's something you'd like to see in future product updates. 

I own a dance studio and have my clients set up on a recurring schedule for invoices where they receive their invoices on the 1st of every month.  Often times, they want to pay the upcoming months invoice a couple of days early (before the 1st of the month, when the invoices go out).  They do not want to do auto-payments, they just want to pay the bill before it becomes due.  I can't find a way to pay on the upcoming invoice which means I have to create a new invoice and delete the recurring invoice which makes for much more work and thus defeats the purpose of the recurring invoices.  Does anyone else have this problem or know the answer?

Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I accept payment on a recurring invoice that hasn't been sent yet?

Welcome to the Seller Community @opdc!

I'm afraid there isn't a way to pay an invoice in a recurring set early. I merged your post in to this thread so our Invoices Team can see multiple sellers are interested in this feature. They'll also be interested to see that your clients are asking you for a way to pay early. Thank you for sharing that insight with us! 

Thanks!  Yes, that's what I've been doing but it creates a lot of extra work.

So we still can't mark a recurring invoice paid before the date? Like an easy button like any other invoice? 

Alumni

Hey @seang - This is currently still a feature request. EJ's suggestion above is still the best option at this time. We'll let you know if this changes in the future.

Square,

I made this request over a year ago and it continues to be my biggest single most inconvenience regarding Square. Are you planning on implementing this feature or is it in a feature request black hole?

Thanks,

Joe

Hey @kidder

I reached out to our Invoices Team for an update on this feature. Right now it's not on our product road map. We're keeping this thread open so we can track how many sellers request this feature. It might be added to the road map in the future, but I don't know when that might be. 

I know it's not the answer you were hoping for, but that's the status as of 12/05/2018. 

Yes please! Half of my students pay early

Seems like this should be easy to implement