x

Feature Request: Kiosk / Hide Options

Verified Answer

Since we cannot seem to get the actual functionality for a self service kiosk, can we at least get an update to the app, so that we do not see the menu items for things an employee does not have access too? (e.g. if the employee does not have access to reports... why does the menu item display? Seems it would make sense to remove instead of clicking on it and see the permissions error. 

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Since we cannot seem to get the actual functionality for a self service kiosk, can we at least get an update to the app, so that we do not see the menu items for things an employee does not have access too? (e.g. if the employee does not have access to reports... why does the menu item display? Seems it would make sense to remove instead of clicking on it and see the permissions error. 

252 Comments

Does anyone know of a way to let customers use the Square Stand as a self checkout kiosk? 

Square

Though you can display your Square Point of Sale for customers to check themselves, there are some drawbacks as Square Point of Sale does not have a proper "self check out mode". Your customers will be able to access your whole Square Point of Sale so the may be able to see some of your account information, such as recent sales activity.

As Square does not have a self check out mode, you could use our employee management feature to limit the access on the Square Point of Sale to prevent things such as refunds and editing items but as previously mentioned, this feature was designed for an employee experience not a self check out. 

I hope the information helps! 

Thanks for the well thought our response Kelly.  A self-checkout mode would be a great addition to the app...hopefully it's considered for the future.

Square

Always happy to help, I'll absolutely share your feedback with our Product Team. 

I noticed something about Guest Access.  Can this be used for self checkout?

Admin

Hi @Me2, welcome to the seller community! 👋🏻

Guest Access does allow you to set Square Point of Sale permissions, but was created with employees in mind. While we still don't have a self checkout or kiosk mode available, I'll be sharing your suggestion with our Product Team for a closer look.

Please don't hesitate to reply with any other insight, and thanks for your patience as we're always working to improve our products based on seller feedback!

We'd also love to see a self-checkout kiosk feature from Square!

Please keep us posted whether there are plans to develop this.

I have also dropped my request for a self-checkout function for Square Point of Sale to several Square employees - sales reps and customer service folks - they all say the same thing..."I'll pass this on to our product development team".  I'm not sure how many requests need to be logged before this request actually gets some attention, but Square would be remiss to ignore this.  

Most small business merchants like myself are facing ever-increasing costs of labor and the obvious solution here will be to deploy technology solutions to help offset the expense of using real live humans.  If Square cannot provide a solution soon, then some of us will end up moving to another platform that does...

Square

@yellowfever - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'l be sure to share them with our Product Team. As for more details on the feature request process, I'd suggest checking out this thread

Hello, I am also looking for a self-ordering kiosk, do you have some recommendations of other platform? Thanks!