x

How can I have my return policy show on Invoices as well as Receipts?

I went under my dashboard to settings and selected “receipt”. Then I entered my return policy information and clicked “save”. I also had changed the color. It shows it is saved under there, but I sent myself two invoices for $1 each the invoice and receipt both show the new color, but neither shows the return policy! Help?!

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @RHatch @LLRKLE! Happy to clarify. 

You're right, the refund policy that you provide in the Receipts section of your Dashboard will not automatically appear on an Invoice when it's delivered to your customer or paid. 

As a workaround @LLRKLE, you could include your refund policy in the Message field of your invoices.

🎉 Update: You can now set a default message so that your policy is included in every invoice!

To set a custom message:

1. From the Invoices section of your Dashboard click Settings > then click Invoice Defaults.
  2. Add your message/policy to the Message field > click Save.

Your defualt message will appear on every Invoice - but you can still enter an additional message (or delete the default one) each time you create a new invoice if needed.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller Alumni

I didn't realize this but Invoices don't show the return policy.  @Helen is this correct?

Message 2 of 11

I’m okay with it not being on the invoice, but it’s not showing on the receipt either and that’s the real issue here. 

Message 3 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

If you are using an ipad.  Double tap the home button and close the app.  Re open it and see if that works.  If not log out and back into the app to have it force a reload of data from the server.

Message 4 of 11

I did all of this through my laptop

Message 5 of 11

So I signed out of square on my computer and my phone. Then I logged back in and this time I sent the invoice from my phone (Again charging $1 to myself) and the recipt still did not show the return policy when I paid it. 

Message 6 of 11
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @RHatch @LLRKLE! Happy to clarify. 

You're right, the refund policy that you provide in the Receipts section of your Dashboard will not automatically appear on an Invoice when it's delivered to your customer or paid. 

As a workaround @LLRKLE, you could include your refund policy in the Message field of your invoices.

🎉 Update: You can now set a default message so that your policy is included in every invoice!

To set a custom message:

1. From the Invoices section of your Dashboard click Settings > then click Invoice Defaults.
  2. Add your message/policy to the Message field > click Save.

Your defualt message will appear on every Invoice - but you can still enter an additional message (or delete the default one) each time you create a new invoice if needed.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 11

@Helen so what’s the point of that field? Where does that actually show up? 

Message 8 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

It will show up on the receipt at time of sale that is printed or sent when using Square Point of sale or retail app.

Message 9 of 11

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Customizing invoices

I followed the directions for customizing my invoices, but the changes only appear on the receipts.  I want our return policy to be displayed on the invoices as well as receipts.

Message 10 of 11
Admin

@tinabowers I'm merging your post to this thread so you can see the answer I shared to this question. Hope this workaround helps! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 11 of 11