x

Can anyone help with a "card_nonce" error with WooCommerce?

Hi, I'm having a "card_nonce" error with WooCommerce, can anyone help?

I'm able to try to place an order with the woocommerce plugin, but once I place it it fails & I get this error in the order notes field.  Can anyone point me to what I need to fix or change?  Thanks.

This is a site hosted on godaddy,  which I hope is not the problem.  Thanks!

Array
(
[0] => stdClass Object
(
[category] => INVALID_REQUEST_ERROR
[code] => MISSING_REQUIRED_PARAMETER
[detail] => Missing required parameter.
[field] => card_nonce
)

)
Order status changed from Pending payment to Failed.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Partner

Best Answer

Hey @susanbtvt,

Typically Card Nonce errors are caused by theme issues, where the theme interferes with the data being passed to Square. Plugins can also do this, but most commonly it's improperly coded themes.

As a first step in troubleshooting, I'd recommend changing to the default Twenty Seventeen or Storefront theme and then trying again.

If that doesn't help, you'll want to check for plugins that are interfering with the values sent to Square. To do that disable all plugins, except for WooCommerce and the WooCommerce Square.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Thanks for your post, @susanbtvt and welcome to the seller community!

Good question. I don't have an answer for you right off the bat, but I'll run this by our API Team for more details. In addition, is there any chance you have more insight on this, @Woo_Phil?

You might want to check out Square Connect's Stack Overflow page. It's been a great resource for our developer community, and there's already a ton of questions that have been answered there.

Appreciate your patience. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7

Thanks 🙂

I checked out the stackoverflow page & there are other people there with the same problem & unanswered questions hanging out. Please  do look into this asap. 

-Caitlin, on behalf of Susan 😄

Message 3 of 7
Partner

Best Answer

Hey @susanbtvt,

Typically Card Nonce errors are caused by theme issues, where the theme interferes with the data being passed to Square. Plugins can also do this, but most commonly it's improperly coded themes.

As a first step in troubleshooting, I'd recommend changing to the default Twenty Seventeen or Storefront theme and then trying again.

If that doesn't help, you'll want to check for plugins that are interfering with the values sent to Square. To do that disable all plugins, except for WooCommerce and the WooCommerce Square.

Message 4 of 7

Hi, did you solve the problem? I'm having the same problem, can you help me?

Message 5 of 7
Partner

Hey @ousados - As I mentioned in my previous reply, this issue is typically caused by a conflict. Usually the conflict is caused by a third-party theme, however it can also be caused by plugins.

I would suggest following our guide on how to test for conflicts here:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-self-service-guide/#section-4

Because these tests will impact the look and functionality of your site, I recommend doing them on a staging site or at the very least doing a full back of your site first.

Message 6 of 7

Okay, thanks for replying, I'll follow your instruction.

Message 7 of 7