x

Is there currently a way to enter in a note onto a time card? If not, is it possible to add this in?

Is there currently a way to enter in a note onto a time card? If not, is it possible to add this as an option?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @yummyfinds,

Thanks for bringing this up. At this time the ability to add a note to a time card isn't available with Square Point of Sale. For now, you may need to track notes externally. Out of curiosity, can you provide some more information on how this feature would be helpful for managing employees/for your business? I'd like to share some more specifics with our Payroll team.

Appreciate your help with this. 🙂 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @yummyfinds,

Thanks for bringing this up. At this time the ability to add a note to a time card isn't available with Square Point of Sale. For now, you may need to track notes externally. Out of curiosity, can you provide some more information on how this feature would be helpful for managing employees/for your business? I'd like to share some more specifics with our Payroll team.

Appreciate your help with this. 🙂 

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 4

Hi Tom! Thanks for responding! I have different paid positions, and some of my employees are working both FRont of the house and back of the house .. so they r switching back and forth pay wise .. it would be most helpful to be able to go in and add a note on there timecard for that day .. and just be able to keep track of it there ... my business
partner is the one that does payroll for me so it would just be less confusing if it were all in on place when payroll came around 🙂 does this make sense!?:) I used to use a free time clock program online called Time Clock Free that would allow me to go into each timecard and add a note ... thanks so much for your time!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Got it. Yes, I can see how having all of this in one place would help your business partner. I'll pass this along.

We'll circle back with any updates or workarounds that may be helpful. Appreciate your patience in the meantime!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 4