x

How do I collect online payment from an email campaign?

Hello community - 

I am setting up an email campaign and cannot figure out how to create an action button for the customer to click and enter payment detail. I see that I can add a button and attach a link to that button. What should that link be? Can customers be connected to my Square account to enter CC/Bank data and complete payment or do I HAVE to setup another website to collect payment?

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

I have the same question. Thanks.

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Hi @VUBPA and caulfield32!

At this time there isn't a way to accept a payment from an email Marketing campaign. Those campaigns are designed to send announcements about your business, share information about promotions or to give coupon codes customers which can then be redeemed in store/at your business. (Note: These coupons cannot be redeemed in online.)

If you want customers to pay you online you could use Square Invoices. When you send an Invoice they receive an email with a link and then they enter their card information online to pay. Alternatively, you could set up a Square Online Store or use an eCommerce solution to sell items online. 

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 7

The only way I could figure it out was to create a discount.  My email campaigns often have the same dollar amount - for example I offer a $5 coupon for birthdays.  I created a $5 birthday discount and use that each time a customer shows me their email offer. I was hoping I could find another answer here as the advertising shows that the customer can either enter their offer number or eventap their phone to record the discount.

Message 4 of 7

I am trying to do the same thing.  Add a payment link to a campaign.

The previous post say no, you can not do it.

I was just wondering if that had changed?

thanks!

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Kwallace71,

I don't have any updates to provide at this time but we'll be sure to update the thread if it ever did become available. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

Thank you for your response.

Have a great day and be safe.

cheers,

k~

Message 7 of 7