x

How do I delete a sale amount that is incorrect before it charges the card?

How do I delete a sale amount that is entered incorrect before it charges the card?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I found the answer.  Press the C key

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Best Answer

I found the answer.  Press the C key

Message 2 of 12

@SquareBetty -I'm sorry I didn't see your post in time, but you have found an acceptable solution!

For reference to clear out a sale amount you can hit the C on the number pad. You can also click on the individual items to remove them from the sale as well.

From a mobile device:

1. Click on current sale at the top of the screen.
  2. Select the item by tapping on it.
  3. Scroll to the bottom and select remove item.

From a tablet:

1. Tap on the item under current sale on the right side of the screen.
  2. Select remove item at the bottom of the pop up box

Feel free to comment if you have any other questions! 👍

Message 3 of 12

when i tap the sale i get a screen of choices, none of which are to remove the item?  why is it so difficult to back out of an item sale?

Message 4 of 12
Square Community Moderator

@warnerblake What was it that you were seeing when you tapped on "Current Sale" ?

It should pull up a screen with a list of your items, giving you the option to delete them from the sale before you process the payment. Was this not what you were seeing? 

Or were you trying to remove an item after the sale was processed? 

If so, you're not able to remove an item from a sale once the payment is recorded. You can issue a refund for that item, but you can't delete the item from the sale. 

Message 5 of 12

Here's how it works for me:

click on an item; amount entered in the blue field; above the field is a very small current sale number in a box; click on it and a window will open with breakdown of the amount; over on the right at the top is an down icon -- click on it for a window that allows you to add the customer's name OR CLEAR ITEMS!

Message 6 of 12
Square Community Moderator

@warnerblake Rather than tapping the down icon, swipe left on the actual item that you're trying to remove (or tap on it) to reveal the "Delete" option. 

Message 7 of 12

I don't have a C key

Message 8 of 12
Admin

Hey @skmorri51! You're right, if you're using an iPad you won't see the C button.

To delete an incorrect custom amount from the Point of Sale app on an iPad you can use the back arrow 🠔 just aboove the + icon.

Or you can tap on the Custom Amount/Item from the Cart (on the right-hand side)> scroll down > tap Remove item

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 12

Thank you! I have been trying to find this answer for the last hour!  I'm switching from PayPal and trying to get used the new format with Square.

Message 10 of 12
Admin

Wlecome @CheckMouse! 😊 Let us know if you have any other questions as you're getting starte or search the Community for an existing question + answer. We're happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 12

Where is the “c”?

Message 12 of 12