x

Is there a way to see deleted saved tickets?

I am wondering if the app stores a record of deleted saved tickets? In other words, if an order has been entered in the system but deleted before the payment is made in the system?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 45
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @toybox, welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for bringing this up.

At this time, there isn't a way to view deleted Open Tickets from the Square app. In the meantime, you can prevent employees from deleting tickets by using the Employee Management permissions to restrict their access to this capability.

Please don't hesitate to reply with any other insight! 🙂

This post was updated by a moderator in October 2021 to include an updated suggestion.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

I think an employee is taking items off tickets and keep the money. How can I track deleted item by employee with date and time stamp.
Message 2 of 45
Square

Sorry to hear about this situation, I hope that's not the case!

There isn't currently a way to see edit or ticket history, so we won't be able find more information on past transactions. However, since you are using Employee Management, the employee permission "Delete Saved Items in Open Tickets" will prevent this from happening going forward. As the name suggests, employees will not be able to removed saved items on open tickets, but this also prevents the employee from deleting the ticket altogether. 

Hopefully that helps going forward.

Message 3 of 45

I caought an employee keeping money on a cash sale and I have the passcode and restrictions in place.  All they did is add items and clear items without starting a ticket and pocket the cash.

Anyway to check on how to prevent this or is there a report to check on it?

Thank You

Message 4 of 45

Wow @Winemaker, I'm sorry to hear about that. I can only imagine how frustrating and possibly disappointing this situation is. 

Currently we do not have a report that shows items added to check out and then removed. Also we don't have a permission setting restricting removing items from the check out screen. I'll make sure to pass these suggestions along to our Employee Management Team. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to me. 

Message 5 of 45

Wow?  Why act like it’s not common? We really do need a way to be able to clear our tickets or see what has been deleted. If it’s only a few things we will know that maybe a customer change their mind but if it is a lot of items that is an obvious cash being taken. It’s the easiest thing to do, and as an owner… I have great employees but every once in a while we hire somebody that for a fact I know changes things up. One way to really notice things is to look at your cash To card ratio… You can’t blame anyone because square will not let us track what’s been erased before the ticket has been made or saved. But people clear out items, and what you can do is check if your average three months at a time – the card ratio changes greatly somebody’s taking a lot of cash.

Message 6 of 45
Beta Member

Put a passcode on the ability to edit Tickets. Then only you or someone you trust will be able to remove items or delete tickets. 

Message 7 of 45

What if my business is not big enough to hire multiple employees at one time?  Meaning i cant be there 24/7... So I must give the permission to my emoyee to passcode or they will be stuck and not be able to use the POS.  Can't you guys just make it so it will record the delete action will get recorded in the transaction report?  All the other POS i habe used had this feature.. even the very basic old school ones.  I also heard somewhere that Department of Revenue mendatory this as part of record keeping.

Message 8 of 45

I too would like to see this feature. I dont mind my staff having permissions, but i would like to see records

Message 9 of 45

I would like this feature too. 

Message 10 of 45

Yes! Square should put a passcode so that at the end of the day someone in charge is the only way to clear tickets that way voids or people deleting items go into a certain saved area

Message 11 of 45
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @toybox, welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for bringing this up.

At this time, there isn't a way to view deleted Open Tickets from the Square app. In the meantime, you can prevent employees from deleting tickets by using the Employee Management permissions to restrict their access to this capability.

Please don't hesitate to reply with any other insight! 🙂

This post was updated by a moderator in October 2021 to include an updated suggestion.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 12 of 45

Because sometimes you accidentally delete a ticket! Or an employee does!!

Message 13 of 45
Admin

Copy that, @nwsaddlery. Thanks for chiming in and I'll be sure to pass this along!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 14 of 45
Beta Member

Also, it would be great to see deleted or cancelled sales to prevent employee theft. For example if an employee were to obtain the owners passwoerd to delete a cash sale they can pocket the cash and put it in their pocket.  This would be a huge feature for owners to check against theft and is one reason I am considering leaving Square.  Please share this with your development team.

Message 15 of 45
Square

@scrabbley - We'll be sure to pass along the suggestion! Thanks for contributing on the community. Also, for more details on the feature request process, check out this thread👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 16 of 45

I’ve been with Square for 3 months and generally love it. I am also concerned about a lack of deleted transactions. It’s a employee theft issue. 

This thread was 2016– anything since then?

Message 17 of 45
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HillbillyBBQ

Unfortunately there's nothing new to report on this. The best workaround to help with this would be to use the Employee Management features to restrict the "Delete Saved Items in Open Tickets" permission. 

This seems to have picked up some seller interest in the recent weeks, so we'll advocate to have this re-prioritized and hopefully we can roll something out that helps with this. 

Message 18 of 45

I too agree! It would be very easy for somebody to ring up a person because you can see the total in the top corner, and as the person pays them the cash and they count back the cash to them, they could easily erase items. How can you keep your employees from a racing items, or a racing entire sales as soon as the customer walks out the door?

Message 19 of 45

@linkstomembers 

It would be helpful if you could not see the full total with taxes until you press charge and then the owner or manager of the register would have to clear out any sales that were left in there that way we could make sure that there aren’t too many being looked at and then erased. Someway to gather how many things are being deleted or how many line items are being deleted because that is what it comes down to. If somebody is going to take cash they are deleting cash line items or deleting sales. I would like to stop people from being able to delete sales and have that sale go into Something that the only the owner can clear

Message 20 of 45

Also, sometimes we save a ticket so that they can come back and pay it the next day, but sometimes the ticket disappears if they don't pay it that night. There should be a way to recover tickets that haven't paid, or change is so that they can stay open for more than one day

Message 21 of 45